14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7387.JPG
#1 14 years ago

I am sick of repairing the display on my Cyclone, one of the lines is out across display number 1. I sent it away twice to get repaired and it needed some sort of IC chip or something? (still learning about boards). It worked fine for about 2 months the first time and about 4 months the second time and now one of the lines is out again. Not as bad as it was before, but it's annoying as ****!! wiggled the ribbon and did all the regular solder checks.

I just want to buy an aftermarket and be done with it because I guess the IC's are getting rare and this is what happens when you put a 'used' electronic part on a board. I was wondering what is a better product. Pinscore looks to be the best, and most expensive, but I found another one from Rottendog that is cheaper.

Here's what I look at on my machine.

IMG_7387.JPGIMG_7387.JPG

#2 14 years ago

I received a pinscore brochure with the parts I ordered from
Marco recently, they look like they are an excellent quality product. Plus they have an adjustible dimmer swith to control brightness, also a self test switch. Custom colours. Only run on 5 volts.
Comes with a 5 year warranty as well, might be a better option even if the price is higher.

#3 14 years ago

I would still keep that display around JB. One day you will have the knowledge to fix it yourself and you will be mad you threw it away. I threw away the old Power rectifier board of my Meteor and now I realize it would have been an easy fix. Back then I had no idea how to repair a circuit board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-better-aftermarket-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.