6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22-50-100 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

The Wico Big Top has components soldered into little component bars next to the coils. One of the component is a capacitor that is marked .22k 50/100

I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher the markings. I interpreted it as .22uf 50v @ 100 degrees but that is more a guess than anything.

Can anyone offer any insight?

22-50-100 (resized).jpg22-50-100 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Hey DashingDaryl, I think you are pretty close there. It indeed should be a 0.22 uf capacitor and 100 Volts. K means +/- 10%.

#3 6 years ago

Hey thanks. Any idea what the 50 in the 50/100 means?

#4 6 years ago

That means you can use either a 50 volt or a 100 volt rated capacitor.

#5 6 years ago

But the capacitor is marked 50/100, at least that's what it sounds like.

#6 6 years ago

Some polyester caps have two voltage ratings depending on the circuit they are used in.
That cap is rated for 100VDC or 50VAC
First photo shows use in a DC circuit so the 100V rating applies.

Description of cap for original poster:
Polyester, 0.22uF, 10% tolerance (tolerance doesn't matter for a coil snubber) and 100VDC rating.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks, that is very helpful.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-22k-50100-capacitor-it-is-from-a-wico-big-top?hl=dashingdaryl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.