Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

119939720_248488693156517_3524808422561559916_n (resized).jpg
    120025332_5076315822393779_559167016872202423_n (resized).jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I am looking at a pin on ebay and notice that the coin slots are marked as "1 GLD" any idea what that is about? Is this a possible re-imported pin from somewhere?

I was thinking about bidding till I saw the coin slots.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks
    Bowman

#2 11 years ago

Guilder - Netherlands, right?

#3 11 years ago

Probably. They were used until the early 2000's when the euro hit. 1 guilder is about 70 cents us or 1/2 euro which makes sense(cents pardon the pun)

#4 11 years ago

Hmmm... what are the dangers of buying a re-import?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bowman9:

Hmmm... what are the dangers of buying a re-import?

Rust on all the metal parts from the salt air trip back to the USA. Warped ramps and plastics from sitting in a hot cargo container for weeks. A coin door that might have to be replaced because the electronic coin mech is missing.

#6 11 years ago

Smoke and a pancake?

#7 11 years ago

yes must be "gulden". (guilder)
    1 gulden per game was standard pricing in the netherlands.

#8 11 years ago

Yup, it means 1 guilder (gulden), which was our national currency before the Euro came in existence. So the pin probably was on location somewhere in the Netherlands in the nineties.

#9 11 years ago

Martijn,

Do you guys run on 110 Volts or 220 Volts in the Netherlands?

Bowman

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Rust on all the metal parts from the salt air trip back to the USA. Warped ramps and plastics from sitting in a hot cargo container for weeks. A coin door that might have to be replaced because the electronic coin mech is missing.

Dangers yes, but not the rule. I've worked on many very clean re-import games. If you can live with an extra coin slot, as always, condition is king.

Many re-imports have the knocker removed and a counter installed below the playfield. Other than that and the coin door, no difference.

#13 11 years ago

Seeing as I am on the fence now it won't hurt to show you guys the pin I am/was looking at:

ebay.com link: BACK FUTURE PINBALL ARCADE MACHINE DATA EAST DELOREAN VERY NICE

It is in rough shape from what I can see and appears to have some rust, on the legs and on some of the under play field brackets.

The fact the seller did not disclose that it was a re-import kinda scares me.
    Then again they might not have know it was a re-import.
    I send them an email with more questions, but I don't think they will answer it in time as the auction ends in 2 hours.

#14 11 years ago

Actually I just got a response:

"I am selling this machine for someone else. I agree. I think it came back to the states. I did not do the wiring. This is how the owner got the machine who has had it for many years and the wiring was the way it is now."

So it looks like it was a re-import from a few years ago.

Any opinions, that pertain to buying this pin?

#15 11 years ago

I wouldn't pay that much for a Back to the Future that you can't inspect in person before bidding. Also, the fact the person who answered isn't the owner would make me nervous. It is a easy way for them to pawn off any responsibility for an accurate description of the condition - like: "hey it's not my fault it doesn't work,I listed it for the other guy, the lights turned on when I plugged it in." Kinda like when people sell 'untested' stuff.

#16 11 years ago

The displays are showing a foreign language. I would advise not to buy it for the price it's at now. It looks like an $800 machine to me.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I wouldn't pay that much for a Back to the Future that you can't inspect in person before bidding. Also, the fact the person who answered isn't the owner would make me nervous. It is a easy way for them to pawn off any responsibility for an accurate description of the condition - like: "hey it's not my fault it doesn't work, the lights turned on when I plugged it in."

Yeah I guess you right,
    I am hesitant because I let a couple of BTTF pins slip through my fingers.
    This is the pin I connect to my younger years, you know that old story. lol

Well I did learn that a guilder (gulden) was a form of currency used in the Netherlands in the 1990's before the Euro came in existence.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Bowman

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

The displays are showing a foreign language.

Oooo... I didn't even catch that, good eye.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

The displays are showing a foreign language. I would advise not to buy it for the price it's at now. It looks like an $800 machine to me.

I agree, the price is too high for the condition.

Having said that, $15 worth of ROMS would put it to English.. not like it would be a deal breaker if the rest of the game were nice.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Smoke and a pancake?

... "A blunt and a Blintz?"

Definition of a Guilder: http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+guilder&qpvt=guilder&FORM=DTPDIA

7 years later
    #21 3 years ago

I was bored This is on a CFTBL

119939720_248488693156517_3524808422561559916_n (resized).jpg119939720_248488693156517_3524808422561559916_n (resized).jpg120025332_5076315822393779_559167016872202423_n (resized).jpg120025332_5076315822393779_559167016872202423_n (resized).jpg
    #22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bowman9:

Seeing as I am on the fence now it won't hurt to show you guys the pin I am/was looking at:
    ebay.com link » Back Future Pinball Arcade Machine Data East Delorean Very Nice
    It is in rough shape from what I can see and appears to have some rust, on the legs and on some of the under play field brackets.
    The fact the seller did not disclose that it was a re-import kinda scares me.
    Then again they might not have know it was a re-import.
    I send them an email with more questions, but I don't think they will answer it in time as the auction ends in 2 hours.

Nope. Bad deal. Overpriced and the condition hints at lots of problems. Pass.

4 weeks later
    #23 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. Bad deal. Overpriced and the condition hints at lots of problems. Pass.

That auction ended 7 years ago.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That auction ended 7 years ago.

At least I'm on record with it now. I know people were waiting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-1-gld-coin-slot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.