(Topic ID: 308959)

What invisible disabilities do you have?

By unclerudy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015 October - Jady's RHS Clavical - 8 months after - measurements (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Prosopagnosia, also known as face blindness, means I have a difficulty recognizing people by their facial features. Instead I recognize people by the tenner of their voice, their gait, prominent physical attributes (bushy beard, birthmark right cheek, shaved head, etc...) Everybody getting tats has been a big help for me. When I was in graduate school people thought me arrogant because I did not acknowledge them in the hallways. It was just that half the time I had no idea who they were! In fairness my case is not severe. When I know someone for a long time, seeing them daily for months, I can recognize them on just their facial features. So most of the time, picking out family members is not a problem. But at pinball conventions or parties its a bit of a nightmare. I can't keep track of who is who in a movie so my wife has to help me there. I believe proposagnosia is also my super power. It's freed up that part of my brain which normals use for faces to be repurposed for solving visual spacial problems like laying out pinball playfields.

I have this problem. I am really bad with both names and faces. This is especially bad because at 6’6” I stick out like a sore thumb and everyone remembers me. Even people I work with I don’t usually refer to by name because I’m just not confident enough I’ll get their name right.
In a chance encounter, I once walked right past my in laws at a mall because that wasn’t the environment I expected to see them at.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-invisible-disabilities-do-you-have?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.