(Topic ID: 152440)

What innovated ideas would you incorporate into a Pinball Machine?

By Pinballlew

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    rockemsockem (resized).jpg
    bfb4da4cf2a8161ce270a020a1ce95c7bf188920.png (resized).jpg
    pinout_ramp_apron (resized).png
    02b4650953d943b337a92e44553eb31a165bee9d (resized).jpg
    a4bbd749ad8c829ceefc113eaf0dd4d3_(resized).jpg
    mills_eis_front_(resized).jpg
    6958fd034e2c44ba7fb9ee927a04337d_(resized).jpg
    Musée_Mécanique_160_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    hooked_small_(resized).jpg
    hud_(resized).jpg
    23d54ce306a93622a51349cf7e8304197afdb5e0_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadsugg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

I'd say any innovation that can provide competitive play or rewarded play through phone apps (or even just a website with player profiles that connects directly to systems setup on pins) should be a top priority. Kids have their ticket reward systems (which are admittedly still fun as an adult), however, a more "adult" system that was geared toward competitive and single player "goal oriented" setups for teens and adults would be excellent.

I love playing the tournaments in the Pinball Arcade app - it's still competitive, but it's also much less intimidating than going to a real tournament. I think there's a great market for this with everyone who already likes pinball... But just as importantly, it would be a potentially exciting way to usher in new interest to pinball overall from the outside as well.

I think I've read a couple things on Pinside over the past year about people working on this already? If not, it really really really should be done.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you could add bats to a game like they have on those pitch and bats, then a player would have more control over the ball and it wouldn't be so much a gambling machine. They could be called "flippers".

Agreed, BUT... What if instead, we took a Lion, then added a Man to him? I feel as if the exclamations appearing after would practically birth themselves. The world or more importantly, Pinside itself, would forever be changed.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

A music pin that lets you drop in your own theme. Thus, you can add any song, drop in artwork that you create. Toys that can be pulled and replaced with another toy. Meaning the the feed to the toy could be a lamp or a solenoid.
    Modder's can go crazy to create custom toys.
    Personally, I'd make a Florence + the Machine pin with Dog Days are Over multi-ball!
    Just sayin.
    faz

I like it.

And actually, this could be something cool for large artists. I mean, it won't happen this way with a big company because it would take away the exclusivity of a being a band with a licensed pin... But, imagine an indie pin company coming along and making a "bare bones" pin specifically for customization that well known artists who otherwise wouldn't have a pin could license themselves to sell to their fans. Especially with 3D printing becoming more mainstream in the near future, this could be really cool.

So basically, your idea, but the bands are in control. Ryan Adams' would probably be amazing.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Which would be pulling up the rear?

If the lead scientist is Tom Six, I don't really care to know the details on that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadsugg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-innovated-ideas-would-you-incorporate-into-a-pinball-machine?tu=chadsugg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.