(Topic ID: 152440)

What innovated ideas would you incorporate into a Pinball Machine?

By Pinballlew

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    rockemsockem (resized).jpg
    bfb4da4cf2a8161ce270a020a1ce95c7bf188920.png (resized).jpg
    pinout_ramp_apron (resized).png
    02b4650953d943b337a92e44553eb31a165bee9d (resized).jpg
    a4bbd749ad8c829ceefc113eaf0dd4d3_(resized).jpg
    mills_eis_front_(resized).jpg
    6958fd034e2c44ba7fb9ee927a04337d_(resized).jpg
    Musée_Mécanique_160_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    hooked_small_(resized).jpg
    hud_(resized).jpg
    23d54ce306a93622a51349cf7e8304197afdb5e0_(resized).jpg
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about save and load for the very long games like TSPP LOTR and others.

LL-EE on the P3 has this. It's tied into the player profile features which also let you change the game settings per player. We excluded ball count from the save/restore to avoid weird situations with multi-player games.

Longer term, this will be a framework feature available to all games on the platform.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

LL-EE on the P3 has this. It's tied into the player profile features which also let you change the game settings per player. We excluded ball count from the save/restore to avoid weird situations with multi-player games.
    Longer term, this will be a framework feature available to all games on the platform.
    - Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

sounds like older pc games save load only for 1 player or limited multi-player

2 weeks later
    #153 6 years ago

Originally posted in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pins-for-kids/page/2#post-4243260

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I was also surprised at how much my kids and guests liked the Judge Dredd supergame option. The game starts with a two-ball multiball, and you are given about thirty seconds to knock down all five drop targets. If you do, a 6-ball multiball starts.

I would like more games to have these mini games of sorts programmed into them. I think this is a fantastic idea and should be implemented more. I didn’t realize that this even existed. Are there any other mini modes tha5 anyone knows about in other games?

8 months later
    #154 5 years ago

I'd like to see a digital spin counter on the playfield right next to a spinner. After a nice rip the number could stay up for a few seconds.

Could even be a new high score category, similar to a loop champion.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

I'd like to see a digital spin counter on the playfield right next to a spinner. After a nice rip the number could stay up for a few seconds.

That would be awesome, great idea! To build on it it would be cool on a game to indicate a speed indicator like on a getaway style game.

#156 5 years ago

I’d like to see a boxing theme that incorporates rocket sockem robots. The mechanical action draws me in. Successfully complete shot sequence and take a jab at opponent. Take too long and opposing robot punches yours. Enough hits or a strong hit can knock robots head off. They would need to figure a way to reset the heads.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d like to see a boxing theme that incorporates rocket sockem robots. Successfully complete shot sequence and take a jab at opponent. Enough hits or a strong hit can knock robots head off.

just like greenhornet vs whysnow on pinside.

rockemsockem (resized).jpgrockemsockem (resized).jpg
    #158 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d like to see a boxing theme that incorporates rocket sockem robots. The mechanical action draws me in. Successfully complete shot sequence and take a jab at opponent. Take too long and opposing robot punches yours. Enough hits or a strong hit can knock robots head off. They would need to figure a way to reset the heads.

Not exactly what you're describing, but have you played Champion Pub? It's similar.

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/champion-pub-pinball-machine/

#159 5 years ago

Maybe like a option where you can type your name if you wish and the game can speak it instead of "player one" or "two"
    Idea 2 would be color changing GI strings with remote or app and the owner can change the color to which ever they choose..like pin-stadium.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Maybe like a option where you can type your name if you wish and the game can speak it instead of "player one" or "two"
    Idea 2 would be color changing GI strings with remote or app and the owner can change the color to which ever they choose..like pin-stadium.

maybe but do you really want a game the says F***er is up? Maybe for HOME use only.

#161 5 years ago

So in a world first Forbidden Planet now controls thw room smart lights. The ultimate mood lighting!

1 month later
    #162 5 years ago

The Munsters thread inspired this thought and maybe it has been implemented in a game already? I think it would be cool if a mini lower play field mode would become active with a certain goal to achieve on the lower field for a bonus or to light a special mode while the regular ball is still playing instead of it being locked.

(Same thought worded simpler) Maybe a timed mode on the lower to achieve some goal while still flipping the regular ball up top.

Multi layer multi ball!

#163 5 years ago

That's been done as far back as Black Hole.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That's been done as far back as Black Hole.

From what I’ve read both the upper Playfields and lower are not active at the same time. Maybe it does I am not sure, I haven’t ever played a game that does that. Does it play both Playfields simultaneously?

From Steve kuala.net

Black Hole has a Multi-Ball feature that will allow the play to have 3 balls in play at once time. In order to have a Multi-Ball event, you have to capture a ball in both the upper and lower capture holes. Each time a ball is captures, the machine will serve up another ball to launch. When the third ball enters the Gravity Tunnel and goes down to the lower playfield, the lower captive ball will be released, so you now have two balls playing on the lower playfield. When both of these balls drain, they will be kicked back up to the upper playfield. Then if you've enabled Re-Entry, they will be directed onto the upper playfield and the upper captive ball will also be released, and you'll have all three balls in play. If Re-Entry is not enabled, the two lower balls will drain, then the upper captive ball will be released for singal-ball play.

#165 5 years ago

This is pretty close to existing! Stern Dragonfist has a counter for the spinner on the backglass and does just what you say.

1 month later
    #166 5 years ago

Bump a tube to attach a game series such as she lock Holmes. .star trek

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Bump ..a tube to attach/connect a game series such as sherlock Holmes. .star trek

#168 5 years ago

What about the first pOT game featuring the trailer park boys

#169 5 years ago

An object oriented software platform that allowed the owner or operator to dynamically change scoring rules, create new modes, add targets (jpg- like in DI quantum theater), customize sounds, etc. problem of course is operators and royalties/rights. Some sounds people might want to add are protected songs.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

An object oriented software platform that allowed the owner or operator to dynamically change scoring rules, create new modes, add targets (jpg- like in DI quantum theater), customize sounds, etc. problem of course is operators and royalties/rights. Some sounds people might want to add are protected songs.

I believe that was one of the ideas behind the Mafia design, the potential of user-upgradable software and rules. But they found out what the necessary drawback to that is - a more limited insert layout and no playfield text. The game then ends up looking more basic than it actually is to play (a big problem with a simpler design style, it turned out), if it isn't going to leave players high and dry wondering what to do.

4 years later
    #171 6 months ago

Hey, this idea I had is now a reality. Played Final Resistance by Multimorphic at Pinball Expo today and it had this.

#172 6 months ago

Hey, this idea I had is now a reality. Played Final Resistance by Multimorphic at Pinball Expo today and it had this.

It was also in Stern Dragonfist 1981

Good to see it back

#173 6 months ago

Getting rid of the shooting lane on a standard machine to use the lower right as the lower left is used. GZ is awesome because KME found a way to use that area but think if JP or IMDN had that space .Just shoot the ball from a scoop to start .

#174 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It was also in Stern Dragonfist 1981
    Good to see it back

Ah, never played Dragonfist.

#175 6 months ago

I'm sure most of the post in this thread relate to newer machines, but here's
    one I incorporated from a replay Sun Valley. It appears there's no AAB version
    known, but on line I spotted a solo backglass and "Shoot Added Ball Now" was
    barely visible, but it was there, so I had a backglass made, and turned it into
    a true 2 Player AAB. It flipped it from sluggish, to a nice player..

IMG_1256 (resized).JPGIMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    #176 6 months ago

Ah, never played Dragonfist.

Yeah you don't see them everyday that's for sure.

#177 6 months ago

Pressure sensitive flipper buttons. The harder you press, the harder your flipper fires. Of course the shots would be designed so that different hardness is required to make different shots. There could be a pressure sensitive target too that adjusts throughout the game sometimes requiring a light shot to trigger the switch and sometimes requiring a hard shot to trigger.

How about a target on the playfield that says ‘nut shot’. Every time you hit it, a boxing glove fires from the coin door. Even better if we can get some kinda optical sensor with AI that makes up for the cheaters that are trying to dodge it. I’m not sure what we do for the ladies on this one. Maybe it’s not a great idea after all.

I could go on, but the rapid decline only accelerates from here. I dunno: maybe tank treads? Maybe Mick Jagger dances around on a post? Ooh, I know, a playfield that self deteriorates within the first hundred plays…this could create some great aftermarket revenue! … … nah, I still like the ‘nut shot’ better.

3 weeks later
    #178 5 months ago

The nut shot lol, that’s pretty funny, I think I read something about Python Angelo had plans on pinball circus for a hip thrust button…not sure what it would do. I’ll have to revisit the Pinball Circus thread and see if I find the info to refresh my memory.

Glad to see this thread revived a bit always like to hear new ideas and past forgot ones as well.

#179 5 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

The nut shot lol, that’s pretty funny, I think I read something about Python Angelo had plans on pinball circus for a hip thrust button…not sure what it would do. I’ll have to revisit the Pinball Circus thread and see if I find the info to refresh my memory.
    Glad to see this thread revived a bit always like to hear new ideas and past forgot ones as well.

The idea was to have a snake head between the flippers that would pop forward when the button was pressed to help save a ball doing down the middle.

#180 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The idea was to have a snake head between the flippers that would pop forward when the button was pressed to help save a ball doing down the middle.

Oh yeah that was it…too funny.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-innovated-ideas-would-you-incorporate-into-a-pinball-machine/page/4?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.