(Topic ID: 223740)

What influence does your WIFE or Partner have on your pinball hobby?

By frankmac

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand.”

• Wife calls the shots. 11 votes
    7%
  • I do what I want. 120 votes
    71%
  • We are the Bonnie and Clyde of pinball purchases. 37 votes
    22%

(168 votes)

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

My wife is in charge of Hermes handbags, jewelry, vacations.

I am in charge of pinball machines and cars.

I have no interest in the stuff she buys and she feels the same about what I buy. I love it that way.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My wife is in charge of Hermes handbags, jewelry, vacations.
I am in charge of pinball machines and cars.
I have no interest in the stuff she buys and she feels the same about what I buy. I love it that way.

She probably spends more than you

#53 5 years ago

She Wont let me sell. Beats my high scores and makes things my idea.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

She probably spends more than you

She does, but whatever floats her boat.

#55 5 years ago

My wife wants a WOZ but I can’t pull the trigger on that thing, hopefully she’ll like Pirates. I want to be a good husband but if I don’t like a theme , I don’t like a game.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My wife wants a WOZ but I can’t pull the trigger on that thing, hopefully she’ll like Pirates. I want to be a good husband but if I don’t like a theme , I don’t like a game.

Happy wife, happy life...

Get the WOZ.
Get the POTC later when the code is complete.

WOZ is amazing!

#57 5 years ago

I'll have you know that I proudly wear the pants in the family... my wife picks them out for me, but I wear them. No pinball machine yet (basement almost finished) but I'm starting off slow with a World Cup Soccer machine. Kids love soccer and dogs, wife loves soccer and dogs, seems like a fun (easy) game that's cheap with a deep(ish) rule set. After we've had it for a year I'm going to trade up (or ad another pinside style). In other words... I'm starting off with the least objectionable pinball machine I can think of.

#58 5 years ago

Only one rule which is more than reasonable -

No work in progress machines in the main residence.

#59 5 years ago

We support, encourage and even participate in each other hobbies when she or I wasn't in those hobbies before we met.

This is the best way I could explain it:
It's not like "I'm doing a restoration project and she's helping me", no, it's more like WE are working together to get a project done.

For example, she's the one dealing with the market looking for opportunities, most often than me dealing with the seller and the buyer and evaluating the value of something according to said market. My part of the job is to be the one giving all of the information that she needs from a technical aspect (at least pinball wise). We aren't trying to be better than the other, in fact, we recognize that both of us have different quality and ability and consequently separate the work accordingly.
While we can also do what we want in our respective hobbies, we do regulate and sometimes calls the shot for each others and as of now it's been for the better.

We simply complement each other, communication is the key and we invest in what we feels seems the most valuable: to spend time together.
We are like Bonnie and Clyde, but she sometimes does calls the shots and I still can do what I want...
if that even means something

#60 5 years ago

She doesn't care. All she cares about is playing Black Knight first because that one hurts her fingers. After that its on.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Every machine I've bought I've talked to her about. I've never just came home with another machine. I would never make a high dollar purchase without talking to her first, just like she wouldn't do the same to me. That said, I've been able to get every machine I wanted so far.

Not every game has to be a high dollar purchase. I've gotten them for $50 before.

1 week later
#62 5 years ago

I'm blessed with a wife who enjoys my hobby. Even though she didn't grow up playing pins, she plays ours about as much as I do, and she's gone to expos with me.

#63 5 years ago

Happy Life NO Wife is how it should be.

Andrew

#64 5 years ago

I don't own any machines. We go to pinball places, usually with some sort of menu, and she orders food and scratches her head.

#65 5 years ago

Some of you guys are very lucky. I've never been with a woman that even remotely liked, played or gave a crap about pinball. My ex constantly complained about it and actually was jealous that I had something I loved and she didn't. I'd kill to find a woman cool enough to actually take an interest in pinball.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Some of you guys are very lucky. I've never been with a woman that even remotely liked, played or gave a crap about pinball. My ex constantly complained about it and actually was jealous that I had something I loved and she didn't. I'd kill to find a woman cool enough to actually take an interest in pinball.

Different strokes.

I would prefer a woman who makes a good mother and still looks good in a bikini after a couple of kids.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does you wife call the shots on your pinball budget?
Do you just bring games home a beeg for forgiveness?
I would like to know how others have it at there homes.?

My wife has ALL the influence when she’s leaning over our pins.

#68 5 years ago

My wife is Mrs. MEZELmods so I let her think she is the boss. Okay, she is.

#69 5 years ago

I am happily married and have been for 11 years.

My wife doesn't ask a lot of questions about things that make me happy. I return the favor. As long as it isn't bad for my health, endanger anyone, or cause anyone undue stress, she is all for it. She wants nothing to do with pinball. I can't decide if that is good or bad. Its like golf as I sometimes entertain the idea of dragging her out with me but...I can't ensure that would be a good thing.

#70 5 years ago

I do what I want but I almost always buy my games when my wife travels for work.

So I guess my answer is #1 & #2

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Some of you guys are very lucky. I've never been with a woman...

It's pretty sweet but then the kids come and it gets to be a real hassle man

#72 5 years ago

I have no wife.

Just a house full of pinball machines and a refrigerator full of beer. Sure gets lonely around here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-influence-does-you-wife-or-partner-have-on-your-pinball-hobby/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.