(Topic ID: 249850)

What income level affords you the ability to collect pins?

By okgrak

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Annual Household income level”

• Under $60K 49 votes
      16%
    • between $60K and $120K 73 votes
      24%
    • between $120K and $250K 104 votes
      34%
    • between $250K and $350K 25 votes
      8%
    • between $350K and $600K 28 votes
      9%
    • over $600K 29 votes
      9%

(308 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1A01E36A-F3D4-413C-A17C-356F408DF7B3 (resized).jpeg
    tenor (1).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dc2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago

My income level has not changed one bit in the 10 or so years since I started collecting

At the time of the arson fire that claimed my collection, I had recently moved out of Texas , I sold 6pins before moving, kept 7 irrc, one survived

I then walked away for 6 years, since that fire I've bought exactly. 2 pins, one recently, I'm about to buy more projects

I guess what I'm trying to say here is the market has changed, prices are higher, it's harder to find pins now with more competition which has led to higher prices

The idea that income has no bearing on collecting seems foolish

I've owned exactly 1 elite or A list PIN

Because I have to be cautious , I do not have tons of disposable income because I prioritize my family first

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Exactly right.
    I have seen pinballs for free, and some asking 50k.
    I have seen millionaires with 1 pin and an income-challenged retiree with 50.
    The answers to this question are varied.
    Here are the questions that matter:
    What do you value?
    How much of your disposable income are you willing to spend?
    Will you be buying NIB, a project, or something in-between?
    Are you willing to fix and repair games?
    What timeline do you have to buy a game(1 every month or 1 every 20 years)?
    Are you willing to scour the earth for a deal, or do you just buy the first pin that comes along?
    Do you comparison shop?
    While your income certainly can have some affect, the questions above are far more intuitive into one's personal penchant for pinball perusing.

All great points, when you have a family their needs always come first, which makes collecting an exercise in creativity meets perseverance, I turn over every rock, like you I network, horse trade , whatever accomplishes the goal (in a fair Manor)

Not everyone has to do this though, everyone has different lifestyles and interests, disposable income levels

I just work harder ...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dc2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-income-level-affords-you-the-ability-to-collect-pins?tu=dc2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.