(Topic ID: 73733)

What if.....closed their doors

By Toasterdog

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flamethrower.jpg
    flame_suit-991.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Okay, I have been wanting to ask this for some time (probably 4 months now), but very reluctant because of the inevitable shit storm that will follow. I am not trying to ruffle feathers, but being very serious. First off, I do NOT think this will happen. But to float 8k for a year or more is worrisome to me. I'm tempted though, just because I think the theme and quality will be that good. A payment plan also works very well for me, since I am not loaded with cash.

Like most guys I love technology and JJP seems to really have the goods. I am not crazy about the WOZ theme, but would love to own one just on the build quality alone. The pictures of the hardware looks awesome and it really is obvious the BOM is way above the other manufacturers (so less profit margin then Stern). I am really concerned that the pre-orders of The Hobbit are funding the current production of WOZ (this is pure speculation of course) but I have to imagine the initial start up costs and R&D for so much new pinball technology must be enormous. Is there any other revenue streams? It just doesn't seem like some thing that is sustainable for the long term.

With that said, I have my reservations about pre-ordering TH so early and would almost rather wait, sell a pin or two and pay 1k more when it is in stock and ready to ship. I guess my question is; Is there any type of protection if payments were made on a credit card if something this unlikely were to happen? Would there be any more chance of a recovery going through a distributor vs. JJP?

Once again, I don't think this will happen (or if it's even possible?), but when I am considering having thousands of dollars paid possibly a year or more a head of time, I think having some reservations is understandable.

Flame suit on

flame_suit-991.jpgflame_suit-991.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Wow. Shocked and relieved to see no hateful responses. I didn't want to be taken for a troll, lol. I actually went to see The Hobbit after this posting and really makes me want it more now. Smaug is really fricken cool and should be a very cool toy, I do wish he was featured on the cabinet art though.

As for the preorder, the payment plan is convenient. Much of my extra income is taken out as allotments to retirement accounts and such, so it is much easier for me to come up with smaller payments vs a large one time payment. This would be my primary reason. Money tends to burn a hole in my pocket when I have it

I also really like the gold trim and assume that was a feature of the LE. I think that was pictured with the new cabinet art. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I might give Jack a call after all, he does seem very accessible and willing to discuss concerns based on quite a number of posts I have read. I would like to see production increase a bit, hopefully TH will get cranked out of the factory considerably quicker then the current pace. Patience isn't a virtue of mine either

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-ifclosed-their-doors?tu=toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.