(Topic ID: 73733)

What if.....closed their doors

By Toasterdog

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flamethrower.jpg
    flame_suit-991.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

All good questions many which were asked of Jack in the early days at his "fireside chat" presentations/seminars/pizza parties at several pinball shows.

Jack said point blank that JJP was set up as a company (I don't recall if a Corporation or LLC) with a formal BoD and succession plan. If, God fobid tragedy strikes, JJP would continue and all games would be built and delivered that were ordered. He mentioned that game development would continue as well. He further stated that money is not an issue. I recall something to the effect that even if pre-order money stopped coming in, he could easily build all paid for games*.

As for other revenue streams; I believe JJP sells shirts, hats, translights, backglasses, Invisiglass, prototype playfields neon signs and clocks as well.

* Since these early days, some of the media stories & interviews may have contradicted this.

All of that said in an attempt to help you, you should call Jack as he does pick up the phone himself or he will definitely call you back if you have to leave a message. Ask him your questions and voice any concerns you may have. He will answer you honestly.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

If your not "loaded with cash" and are nervous, I don't see the advantage of prepaying. As we've seen with WOZ, it's not that difficult to get your hands on one. Talking to Jack directly about this topic is odd advice.

Might be odd, but if I was aprehensive, I would ask him about each issue I had. If whatever he answers did not ease my concerns I would ask if the purchase agreement coverd this. If there was no wording to address, I would ask for a modified agreement or I simply would not participate in the process. I believe while odd, it is sound advice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-ifclosed-their-doors?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.