New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273197)

What if Mousin' had been a Williams Badged game?

By dpannell

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1672 (resized).JPG

#1 3 months ago

Might it look something like this?

IMG_1672 (resized).JPG
#2 3 months ago

This, generally, except the speakers probably would've been on the lower side of the backbox instead, with the alphanumeric display between them. Bad Cats and BK2K would be two Williams-branded examples like that, from the same era.

All the same Sys11 greatness though, really. Mousin' Around is a hell of a game. One that will teach you to trust that center post.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Mousin' Around is a hell of a game. One that will teach you to trust that center post.

My Mousin' didn't have the center post installed. Which is just as well, since it would have made the game way too easy.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

My Mousin' didn't have the center post installed. Which is just as well, since it would have made the game way too easy.

The one I'm most familiar with is the one on location at Logan Arcade here in Chicago. It has the post. But it also has a tight tilt to make up for it.

It came up in league last year and the highest score that night was 8,324,390, and our group ranges from average people like myself to competitive tournament players with rankings and such.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I removed mine as well. Also removed the post in the elbow of the right inlane and asked Cliffy to design a new flipper frame without the post notch. And removed the ball stops from the ends of the ramps. It’s wicked fast and fun!

#6 3 months ago

I've never seen one with the post installed.

This is a game I built from scratch except for a populated playfield that I bought several years ago. I chose the WPC cabinet style. I don't like the Bally cabinets and the tall backbox that tends to sag over time. Also, I had built several WPC cabinets before so I was familiar with them. I thought about making a speaker panel like Bad Cats but I would have needed a redesign on the translight/light board.

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from dpannell:

This is a game I built from scratch except for a populated playfield

Ha! I thought that was photoshopped.
Nice work!

#8 3 months ago

owning a TTR, i like the BALLY style backbox as it is...
i first thought your topic was to talk about the game "quality"

as for sure, Bally/Midway did have top pins in this sys11 list : mousin of course, elvira, and than TTR again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 66.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside