Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GarbageWarningjpg.jpg
h9E1A6F2A.jpg
hFE300BBD.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

All these MOPLE hype and high selling/demanding/trading prices.

What if it suckes and flops??? Take it easy guys, stern people sees all this, there next le game will probopley bee 10 to 15% more expencive...

Look what happend to tf, pretty low pricess in europe, also xmen is a flop here also avengers dident make it, just wanna say, calm down guys...

#3 10 years ago

I have seen the light, I never thought of it this way

#4 10 years ago

the only thing better than that would be all the clowns that are gonna sit on nib LE's only to see their "investment" tank. I had a chance to sell my wolverine for only a $500 loss in mid October. I held out for good code (more specifically I was talked into waiting) only to now be in a position to lose $1500-2000. I would love to see people who spent $9000 on these struggle to sell them for $5500. maybe what the pin hobby needs is a correction in the market.

#5 10 years ago

I know we have only seen a few small videos and do not know how the gameplay is programmed, but from the little we have seen this looks to be a solid title!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

the only thing better than that would be all the clowns that are gonna sit on nib LE's only to see their "investment" tank. I had a chance to sell my wolverine for only a $500 loss in mid October. I held out for good code (more specifically I was talked into waiting) only to now be in a position to lose $1500-2000. I would love to see people who spent $9000 on these struggle to sell them for $5500. maybe what the pin hobby needs is a correction in the market.

I agree, I believe we need a market correction

#7 10 years ago

It's been said many times before, but it seems to bear repeating:

!!!!!BUY PINBALLS TO PLAY, NOT AS INVESTMENTS!!!!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Are you trying to tell me that these are just games?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

THIS is what im talking about...
Yeah all LE´s got sold in, what was it 1 or 2 days! with very few info.

Soon the LE´s gonna be 2500pcs production, for 12500Dolla! BaMMm

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I would love to see people who spent $9000 on these struggle to sell them for $5500. maybe what the pin hobby needs is a correction in the market.

The pin hobby and speculating on a NIB pin are two different animals. Some guys are just into betting on the demand on nib games, and they will win some and lose some.

The pin hobby is a larger, more diverse, representation of the overall demand of the pinball community, unrelated to the speculating going on in NIB games.

You can get upset over the NIB games, I wouldnt let it bother me. If you want one, get up early and get one. Just like the speculators did.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

What if it suckes and flops??? Take it easy guys, stern people sees all this, there next le game will probopley bee 10 to 15% more expencive...
Look what happend to tf, pretty low pricess in europe, also xmen is a flop here also Avengers dident make it, just wanna say, calm down guys...

What the f&3k is a MOPLE????

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

What the f@#k is suckes?

#13 10 years ago

I know people speculated on the METLE? Did Stern have two LEs?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

+1...this is the bottom line, but for those players who like the 'extras':

What if Stern actually made a Tron Premium with the same bells and whistles as the Tron LE. I'm betting Tron LE wouldn't be demanding as much $$ as it is right now.

Metallica has that premium option for buyers. If you want all the extras for the Metallica pin, you have an option available. I don't see what the big deal is here. Am I missing something?

#15 10 years ago

If history is any indication, whether the game sucks or not, the hype will outshine the reality on the machine for at least six months, as those who paid big bucks will be apprehensive to admit it wasn't worth it and those who are looking to flip games don't want the value to go down. So it's going to take some time before the smoke clears.

IMO, Metallica isn't as strong a license as ACDC, so more pressure is going to be put on the ruleset and game code to be top notch in order for this game to match peoples' expectations.

#16 10 years ago

"What the f$&k is a MOPLE?"

One of these I don't remember!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

What if it suckes and flops???

Sell it & move on. Losing a few hundred bucks if you got in at pre-order price isnt the end of the world. I'm pretty sure most that bought it at the premium pricing did so cause they really wanted the game not with the intention of flipping it for a profit.

#18 10 years ago

Wouldn't shock me if it end up sucking. Some games are great some not. You never know until you play them.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

What the f@#k is suckes?

You guys seriously need to stop this. It makes me laugh out loud @ work and it's getting me in trouble....

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

What if it suckes and flops???

You mean suckes and floops...
(it's a rock band)

#22 10 years ago

Is there a limited limited version of METLE?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23 10 years ago

What the f@#k is suckes?

I think he meant "success"!!!

#24 10 years ago

He is from Denmark guys, I'm sure English is not his first language. No reason to rag on a guy for that. In fact, it might not have been his second language, since most Europeans speak more than two languages.

I took four semesters of German in college and if I posted on a German forum, there's no way my post would be near as readable as his is.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

He is from Denmark guys, I'm sure English is not his first language. No reason to rag on a guy for that. In fact, it might not have been his second language, since most Europeans speak more than two languages.
I took four semesters of German in college and if I posted on a German forum, there's no way my post would be near as readable as his is.

+1...

his english is a LOT better than many who speak english as a first language...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Look what happend to tf, pretty low pricess in europe, also xmen is a flop here also Avengers dident make it, just wanna say, calm down guys...

The only person who desides if a game sucks or flops is "YOU"

#27 10 years ago

If it sucks, then it did exactly what 80% of the games are suppose to do. Never expect a NIB game to increase in value. You buy it because you've played it and love it, regardless on what other people think. Keep what you enjoy, not what is the flavor of the month.

#28 10 years ago

I like it when these non-US guys post here. I know what they are saying. They do a good job writing and communicating. Glad to have them here. Great to hear their perspectives.

#29 10 years ago

Sounds like propaganda....

#30 10 years ago

What the fruck is a frush

#31 10 years ago

Suckes?

You mean suckie suckie?

hFE300BBD.jpghFE300BBD.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Delete this shit

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What the fruck is a frush

Oh shit I just flashed back to Revenge of the Nerds. LMAO

#34 10 years ago

No no no...you got too many kings there. We'll just take those and replace them with 3 fresh cards.

#35 10 years ago

Booger is Stern taking our preorder money with two 7's lol

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JprubgAoEoQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJprubgAoEoQ

#36 10 years ago

Wow E! I I wonder if there are any "MOPPLE" sound bites in the game?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I like it when these non-US guys post here. I know what they are saying. They do a good job writing and communicating. Glad to have them here. Great to hear their perspectives.

And their spelling is no worse than the rest of Pinside. Am i write?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Booger is Stern taking our preorder money with two 7's lol
» YouTube video

M'r F'n somebody in the JJP camp give me a thumbs DOWN for that post

If I said the same thing in a WOZ thread instead of Metallica I'd get shit on plus a ban vote & have to listen to someone tell me how cool they are.

#39 10 years ago

Hare Pie

h9E1A6F2A.jpgh9E1A6F2A.jpg

#40 10 years ago

GarbageWarningjpg.jpgGarbageWarningjpg.jpg

#41 10 years ago

What the f@#k is suckes?

That is funny...

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

If history is any indication, whether the game sucks or not, the hype will outshine the reality on the machine for at least six months, as those who paid big bucks will be apprehensive to admit it wasn't worth it and those who are looking to flip games don't want the value to go down. So it's going to take some time before the smoke clears.
IMO, Metallica isn't as strong a license as ACDC, so more pressure is going to be put on the ruleset and game code to be top notch in order for this game to match peoples' expectations.

I think it is going to be even worse on this game. The people who pay 9k (or, gasp, even 10k) now are going to fight hard for this game in the public image. It's going to be as political as running for President. LOL.

If METLE or MOPLE or whatever you want to call it adjusts downward into the mid to high 5k range for a HUO and low 6k range for an NIB . . . then all the speculators will lose money and move on to another hobby and the people who buy games and play them for awhile and then sell them are going to be hesitant to jump on another NIB for awhile.

There is so much unknown about what MET is going to do. Those shots look tight and the metal music may drive the game out of peoples houses quicker than they expect. We will know right around the time ST is released.

#43 10 years ago

Metallica will not be like TRS. Period.

#44 10 years ago

It would be challenging to make a game as crappy as TRS.

#45 10 years ago

My prediction, much more expensive then BIB and LTBR in about a year or two. It already is selling around those prices.

Of course if it is has the hate that Avengers has it will drop bigtime. I just hope its good enough to keep next to my AC/DC premium. The sound package looks amazing cannot really figure out if I will love the game. Sure do hope its a keeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-if-it-suckes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.