(Topic ID: 236890)

What, if anything, to say to significant other...

By holminone

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D71AE0D5-06AF-4B56-BDD3-AD60AB01CDAD (resized).png
E828F607-0569-4C22-BD6F-6891946B8F81 (resized).jpeg
0A8A85F6-395C-42A7-9D98-996A417028E5 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Your wife may be jealous of the time you spend on the machine. Talk to her about that; make some dates, go out, do something exciting. Makes that shit go away in a hurry

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This is 100% a communications issue between two people.
In an easy conversation open up with "Honey, is there a problem with my having pinball machines?" and follow up with "Here is why I am asking....(insert your reasons/example)". Then SHUT UP and listen carefully to her answers. She might not come out with direct answers but you should be able to piece the puzzle together.
After you get your answers you have to put the ball in her court by explaining to her that you enjoy sharing pinball with friends and is there any ideas that SHE might have that so you could make that happen.
OK< saw you had the talk....and now you know!

This is great advice. A lot of these responses are assuming they know why she is acting like that. Don’t assume, just ask her. “Hey why did you do that? That seemed kinda mean” don’t accuse, dont put her on the defensive (btw this is hard).

Make a joke about it - “hey baby I was just trying to show them my PINBALLS!” she may open up more. She prob doesn’t know how to bring it up to you. And whatever she says - WHAT. EVER. She says, don’t get mad. Take it, say I gotta walk away for a minute, cool off, think about it, then come up with your response. I’m betting she’s wanting more of your time but doesn’t know how to get it. You should feel good about that man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-if-anything-to-say-to-significant-other?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.