(Topic ID: 86121)

What I want that will never happen: DIY pin kits for existing games.

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by swinks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

So you're basically saying to have them take all the profit out of the manufacturing of a pinball machine, you are right - that will never happen.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

nice idea I think, unassembled could cost a lot less for a game and shipping both.

What, didn't you read the post?..we are not allowed to discuss any money/cost

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You're the one that brought up cost/money....and the ridiculous assumption that somehow assembly hours spent by the factory = net profits, which makes no sense at all.
    Unless something has changed, wasn't part of the plan with BHZA/RAZA to offer a flatpack-type deal for the one person that might be interested? I am pretty sure they were not even offered a discount for that, but the option was (is?) there for someone who wants to tackle that kind of project. I just have absolutely no interest in that pin whatsoever. I'm saying that I'd take the same option, even at pretty close to full cost, for an ESTABLISHED title, or at least a title I'd be interested in. Nowhere in my inital post did I say anything about how I was going to "take all the profit out of the manufacturing of a pinball machine".

Well, I don't consider my post "stupid", since I work for a major manufacturer of digital products for the radio industry, so I must not know what I am talking about. Have a great day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-i-want-that-will-never-happen-diy-pin-kits-for-existing-games?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.