(Topic ID: 184957)

What I love about Pinball....today....

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Pinball.....Today.

It goes without saying how much we Love Pinball!

If you read the Forum regularly, one cant avoid the threads for all the New Games we have, and the shows
    that highlight their introductions.

But, I also feel something is left out....something I love about Pinball to share, because it takes not only
    time and money to get to a show, one needs a bunch left over to consider even owning one of these new games!

For some, this isnt immediately possible. Space, funds, other priorities....it shouldnt stop one from
    enjoying, "Whats New", but hurts a little to want one, knowing it may never get to our homes.

Sometimes, I hear the pain from others...the separation of wanting just "one new game", and the reality that may exist.

So, what does this all mean?

To me, I wanted to share that the Love of Pinball, need not be the newest or most expensive game.

The Pin Im most excited about, the one I am playing daily now, is new to me.....Bride of Pinbot.
    Before bringing it home, Id only played a handful of games, too noisy to hear, and often not working well.
    I never understand how anyone could like this game! And, I could be vocal about my dislike, if that was my goal, anytime I saw a post.

But Surprise, Im falling in love with this title.

Id write a review, as if it was Houdini, to share the joy I am getting from an old game, with lots of playfield wear, under 2K, and leaving all the Sterns dark for a while.

I dont have but a normal few weeks of games on it...a few every night or so, and Im as thrilled as playing GB, TWD, or any other title costing 3-4 times more!

The fun is in playing, and the Newest, Greatest, has serious competition!

Ill share the same for a Blackwater 100 picked up.
    Plays amazing, under 2K, and a blast next to BOP!

Being retired, and way out of room, sure, I want the newest games.....but Ill be patient, because there are
    more than enough games out there I can afford now that Rock my playing time with just as much fun!

So what excites me about Pinball today?

Not just whats new to the Pinball scene only, but so many titles, I havent invested huge time in, and written off.

So, its any new game, as old as it is, that makes me smile!

Its not just the pin, or the newest pin, its that the joy can be shared with others, because the real fun is
    all of You!

All of us!

Thats what makes Pinball fun for me, today....

What have you brought home, not new, that has given you that thrill, of a NIB, and surprised your Fun?

#2 7 years ago

For me personally, that game is Wrestlemania. I recently went on a day road trip with my kids to pick it up, so in addition to the game at a great price, I also got a fun day filled with good memories. I've never bought a NIB game before, and this game might be as close I ever get to that. The game was immaculate with only 320 plays on it and it played like a dream when I bought it. I am not a big mod guy, but I went through it and added some nice subtle things to it that look factory to really make it shine. A lot of people wrote the game off initially because of the theme or the initial really quirky and difficult code, but I have always had a soft spot for it going back to even before the King of the Ring event that Stern and the WWE did. The game itself is still really challenging and not available to play on route locally here which are both things I love about a game in a home environment. Just like many games, you can play for score or you can play for game completion. They are both tough, but completion looks to be extremely difficult. I won't stop until I get the Heavyweight Championship Title. It may take awhile, it may not, but I will get there and it will be super rewarding when I do.

#3 7 years ago

I think WWE is a blast to play!

So Glad you have something that gets the adrenaline going, that somehow others have written off!

#4 7 years ago

Bram Stokers Dracula is the game I'm stoked on lately. It wasn't until I was able to acquire a nice example that I realized what this game was all about. Rules that were way ahead of anything else at the time.

The strategy of getting all multiballs ready to start and then stacking them for big points. Rats, bats, one of the coolest video modes ever, a great layout, music and theme, make this my go to game late at night until I can no longer stand up. I can't see ever getting tired of this machine.

#5 7 years ago

I had mine for 7 years....always kicked my ass....always came back to battle more!

Regret selling it, but if you havent turned yours own in over 3-6 months, pop it on!

BSD Rocks! Glad you have yours to Enjoy!

#6 7 years ago

It ain't going nowhere. Plenty have come and plenty have gone, but I know a keeper when I see it. I always remember Black_Rose saying the same thing and now I get it.

#7 7 years ago

It's the Getaway for me. It can be sitting in a row of brand new pins, and yes, I will play those too, but The Getaway always gets my love and the first play. The Supercharger, the running of the red light, and ditching those damn cops never gets old.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-i-love-about-pinballtoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.