Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by oropuro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

demoman-slugger.jpg
    arabian.jpg
    flynn.jpg
    hercules.jpg
    CAM00223.jpg
    CAM00228.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elfman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

Had a great time too. Went all day Friday and got there when it opened. Got in some good Metallica time then. Later, it became much busier and didn't want to wait.

Played a lot of tables that I had never played before. Standouts for me were Spider Man and RBION. X-Men was also a surprise. And compared to Avengers, I enjoyed it more. Guns N Roses was fan as well and had a great sub installed. Really shook. Didn't get to play WOZ but watched several people play. Great looking machine but the callouts I think would grind my soul into a pulp after a few hours.

Had fun with the color DMD Adams Family (x2) and STTNG. Adds more than I thought it would. Big Guns was really fun too. And seeing an Orbiter in person is cool. Truly a "thinking outside the box" kind of machine.

As much as I enjoy video games, I didn't touch a single one and probably was not "bored" looking for machines to play for 8 hours easily.

Funny side note, was at the Marco booth watching people play Metallica and was standing there for a good 10 minutes when I realized I was standing next to Gary Stern. Too cool.

Also, having Rob there from Pinball Classics fixing boards for customers was amazing. I brought in my T3 I/O board for a transistor issue. Rob when above and beyond to get it fixed. Got it home and it worked perfectly. His test rig is impressive. Speaking of vendors, I was a little disappointed not to see more there. I was thinking Cointaker would be there but they weren't on Friday but maybe they came for Sat. and Sun? I was happy to deal with Pinball bulbs though. I just wish they would have had flashers in stock. Was hoping to get some "fun stuff" like cup holders and stuff like that but selection was pretty thin.

Was surprised at how few pinball machines were up for "sale". I think I saw one EATPM there that had a price on it. I would have thought at the very least, owners would have put contact info on their cards so they could at least be contacted with an offer. Even if you didn't want to sell, there could have been an offer you couldn't refuse out there.

Parking was almost a non-issue too. Plenty of spaces and was fairly inexpensive. I spent almost the entire day there and didn't spend more than $4.

Either way, great time and will be attending next year. Would be great to have an organized Pinside meetup too. I was probably surrounded by Pinsiders but didn't know it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elfman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-i-liked-best-about-the-nw-pinball-arcade-show?tu=elfman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.