(Topic ID: 76011)

What I did with my STLE $13,500 ... 6th game added ....

By rotordave

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-217.jpg
image-468.jpg
hottie.jpg
Gameshow.JPG
Gameshow2.JPG
photo.JPG
download.jpg
image.jpg
173349-i.jpg
image-956.jpg
l_aa46756df90a25f335488151dfd90cf2.jpg
bigboobies!.jpg
tub.jpg
image-644.jpg
image.jpg
like-thread.jpg
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Hey you guys are getting off track here......

bigboobies!.jpg 9 KB

Now that is a rack!

#52 10 years ago

Pinballs don't sag in time, but Boobs do...

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

A saggy titty is better than a shiny pinball every day all day!

Even if it drops down to knee level…….

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now that is a rack!

That's two 10's-in-one!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Safecracker does unless you get the support rod. Just sayin.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A saggy titty is better than a shiny pinball every day all day!
Even if it drops down to knee level…….

Are you sure counselor?
I present exhibit A.

l_aa46756df90a25f335488151dfd90cf2.jpgl_aa46756df90a25f335488151dfd90cf2.jpg

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

What's that dude doing outside the window?

That's Vid

rd.

#58 10 years ago

Well, I played STLE for the first time today. Thanks to PaulOz for inviting me over.

Very bright and shiny indeed. The new RGB lights are cool.

I wanted to have more time on his WOZ too but it's broken down. Again.

I had 4 games on STLE I think? I figured out if you completed level one of all the missions you got KB Multiball. But you guys know that ...

rd

image-956.jpgimage-956.jpg

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Are you sure counselor?
I present exhibit A.

l_aa46756df90a25f335488151dfd90c... 37 KB

Is that a "buttaface"? Everything else is rocking but her face?

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from MSN22:

Seems like very good shipping prices, Do GP Global do consolidated shipping at cheap rates ?

There's some big hooks in shipping. I'll discuss when you come up for Pincade.

rd.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, I played STLE for the first time today. Thanks to PaulOz for inviting me over.
I had 4 games on STLE I think? I figured out if you completed level one of all the missions you got KB Multiball. But you guys know that ...
rd

image-956.jpg 176 KB

You made top score after only a few plays. Nice work!

#62 10 years ago

Stud

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

No worries Dave. Gives me something to knock off now.

WOZ parts should be here this week and all good again.

Cheers
Paul

image-956.jpg 176 KB

#64 10 years ago

You know it.

rd.

#65 10 years ago

I was wondering what was happening to some of those pins on TM well done Dave! You have got such a sweet setup with that game room. I am trying to soften up my wife about taking out a wall and building out my man cave a bit but I must tread carefully and slowly.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You made top score after only a few plays. Nice work!

To be frankly honest, there's not much to it as yet. All the modes are much the same. Hit the lit shots.

Transformers with Klingons.

And cool RGB lighting.

rd

#67 10 years ago

Why do all those games look like they just came out out of the box?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I noticed you are making a stand, good for you.
This is like if you were going to date a girl who is a '10' or would you rather date 5 girls who are a '2'?

image-644.jpg 47 KB

but there is a problem with your logic. In this case. ST is not a 10 game. It's an 7 or 8. And the games he got arn't a 2, they are anywhere from a 5 AP13, to 8 Genie. So he's getting fun factor equal game for game. Just a hell of a lot more of them. And there is no way in hell, 1 game can compete with 5 as far as long term fun goes. EVERY game gets old over time. 5, takes 5 times longer to get just as old. Especially when you have such good diversity as he has done. Thats a good hodgpodge blend.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Why do all those games look like they just came out out of the box?

That's how we roll here in New Zealand

rd

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There's some big hooks in shipping. I'll discuss when you come up for Pincade.
rd.

I'd be interested in an RD guide to importing and shipping pins to NZ, for noobs like me, would be cool if you didn't mind putting it in a thread or something. Great timing for this thread as I am debating whether to buy a NIB or a few older titles and maybe importing better, cheaper examples from overseas. I saw you were hoovering up a few examples from trademe recently, well played.

Also quick question, I'm in Auckland mid week (Sky City) for a weeks R&R with the family and wondered if you knew of anywhere close to the sky tower that has a nice selection of pins in good nick that I can throw a few bucks into?

Cheers
Mark

PS, I have space at my place for "storing" a few pins if want to make Wellington part of your Disaster Recovery plan, you know for when the big one hits quake prone AKL Chris and I could do a rotation plan eh Chris?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

image-956.jpg 176 KB

Nice! Not a bad score for only playing 4 games.
Congrats on your recent purchases. I love my STLE, but respect what you've done to get the games you want.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but there is a problem with your logic. In this case. ST is not a 10 game. It's an 7 or 8. And the games he got arn't a 2, they are anywhere from a 5 AP13, to 8 Genie. So he's getting fun factor equal game for game. Just a hell of a lot more of them. And there is no way in hell, 1 game can compete with 5 as far as long term fun goes. EVERY game gets old over time. 5, takes 5 times longer to get just as old. Especially when you have such good diversity as he has done. Thats a good hodgpodge blend.

That's right Neo. It doesn't matter if you have a gold plated MM with gold plated balls and gold plated dragons. It'll get boring after 200 plays. They all do.

So you may as well have 5 or 6 pins for the same price.

As long as you have the room for them.

rd.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I was wondering what was happening to some of those pins on TM well done Dave! :applause:You have got such a sweet setup with that game room. I am trying to soften up my wife about taking out a wall and building out my man cave a bit but I must tread carefully and slowly.

Give her a hundred dollar bill, send her down to the shops and knock out the wall while she's gone.

What's she going to do when she gets back? Rebuild it?

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

rd

#74 10 years ago

The nice thing is the wall I want to take out is in a carport. If someone accidently hit the gas instead of the brake I could fit 10 pretty comfortably...

#75 10 years ago

Mark you should import a few absolutely! I will put your down for hosting the July Wellington meetup so get going!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'd be interested in an RD guide to importing and shipping pins to NZ, for noobs like me, would be cool if you didn't mind putting it in a thread or something. Great timing for this thread as I am debating whether to buy a NIB or a few older titles and maybe importing better, cheaper examples from overseas.

Honestly, pins are probably cheaper in NZ than anywhere, by the time you add freight etc.

And pins in NZ are generally better condition, because they haven't had the play they get in Europe or USA.

Unless you are looking for something specific which you can't get in NZ, it's probably not worth it. Unless you score a $1000 pin for $100 or something.

Also quick question, I'm in Auckland mid week (Sky City) for a weeks R&R with the family and wondered if you knew of anywhere close to the sky tower that has a nice selection of pins in good nick that I can throw a few bucks into?

A few weeks ago you could have come to my apartment in Hobson St a block from Skycity. I had 5 pins there.

But I've moved apartments and those 5 are in storage for a month or two.

There is a Rolling Stones and BBH under Burger King in queen at.

Download the Pinfinder app if you have an iPhone.

PS, I have space at my place for "storing" a few pins if want to make Wellington part of your Disaster Recovery plan, you know for when the big one hits quake prone AKL Chris and I could do a rotation plan eh Chris?

Errrrrr none of my pins are waterproof ... They'd need to be for Wellington because the whole city will end up in the sea one day. Might be in 100 years. Might be 100 days. But it will happen one day.

rd

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Mark you should import a few absolutely! I will put your down for hosting the July Wellington meetup so get going!

Lol Chris, Yeah I know I feel like the poor relation thats for sure, what is the minimum number needed? House is up for sale at the moment which is why I haven't put my hand up yet (that and only having one pin) and we will be moving closer to town. Finding a place with the space I have now that we can afford is going to be a challenge, I want a decent workshop as well as I want to restore my ft and maybe a couple of others. July, pressures on

Looking forward to yours on the 15th Feb though thats for sure. Heard there is someone in Waikanae/Paraparaumu that has 7 or 8 pins in his collection, pinsider?

Mark

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Honestly, pins are probably cheaper in NZ than anywhere, by the time you add freight etc.
And pins in NZ are generally better condition, because they haven't had the play they get in Europe or USA.
Unless you are looking for something specific which you can't get in NZ, it's probably not worth it. Unless you score a $1000 pin for $100 or something.

A few weeks ago you could have come to my apartment in Hobson St a block from Skycity. I had 5 pins there.
But I've moved apartments and those 5 are in storage for a month or two.
There is a Rolling Stones and BBH under Burger King in queen at.
Download the Pinfinder app if you have an iPhone.

Errrrrr none of my pins are waterproof ... They'd need to be for Wellington because the whole city will end up in the sea one day. Might be in 100 years. Might be 100 days. But it will happen one day.
rd

Thanks RD, I'm after B/W titles similar in age to my FT (because i have learnt a lot about them as well) but in better condition and all the good ones are either gone or over priced for thier condition though mostly i suspect its a case of not many comming up in Wellington that I can inspect. Should have jumped on Chris's T2, but will keep looking.

Is BBH big buck hunter, id never heard of it until you posted that? Will download the app and see what I can find. I am hopeing its a hundy years before Welly gets wet, the little wake up sways last year were enough for this century I reckon.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The first time I got 13 ball multiball going, I just cracked up laughing! Its just mental! Balls everywhere. Worse than a gay sauna.

I will have a hard time to resist laughing next time I play Apollo 13's MB....

#80 10 years ago

I bought for the same price as I paid for my AC/DC premium. I also bought.

CV
TOTAN
Stargate
Batman forever
Super Soccer
Starship troopers
and DE Time machine

All for the same money I ended up forking over for AC/DC premium. Which if you think about it, is complete ass and really stupid in the grand scheme of things.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. Star Trek is at least an 8. And those games listed like genie are a 2. I would compare it to the statement about plays:

Quoted from rotordave:

That's right Neo. It doesn't matter if you have a gold plated MM with gold plated balls and gold plated dragons. It'll get boring after 200 plays. They all do.

This is a great statement. The difference here is that I don't think the 5 cheaper pins would provide even 10 fun plays let alone the 40 each requires to meet the 200 from the star trek before its boring.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

4/ Genie
I played in the IFPA10 last year in Germany. The comp was 8x EM, 8x SS, 8x Modern. I did OK on the modern but sucked extremely badly on the EM and SS because I haven't played any of them for 10-20 years. My collection is all System11 games and newer.
So I needed to mix it up a little to get some practice in before IFPA11 in Denver this May.
This Genie popped up. It has a tidy cabinet, a really good PF, was nicely shopped up and has the added bonus of a Pascal all in one board which cures the unreliability issues which steered me away from the old games.
Total cost $1500 (the Pascal board alone is worth $400 NZD + ....)
Money left in the bank: $5,800
rd

genie.JPG 242 KB

Nice you are coming to Denver for the Tournament! Look Forward to meeting you

JJ

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is a great statement. The difference here is that I don't think the 5 cheaper pins would provide even 10 fun plays let alone the 40 each requires to meet the 200 from the star trek before its boring.

Each to their own Mark ...

I find every pin I own fun to play and exciting to discover the rules etc.

Some pins are better than others, for sure. But most are much of a muchness.

I get as much fun out of my System 11s with their simple rules as I do with my LOTR with one of the most complex rulesets ever. I find that boring to play after 30 mins.

One of the best games I've had recently was on my Swords of Fury ... Rolled the score around to 17m. High score only shows 9,999,999

rd.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Nice you are coming to Denver for the Tournament! Look Forward to meeting you
JJ

Yeah JJ, it should be awesome. I'm playing at Lyons the week before as well.

Really looking forward to meeting you and the GEX crew. Maybe we can load up the rental car with used pins while I'm there

rd

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah JJ, it should be awesome. I'm playing at Lyons the week before as well.
Really looking forward to meeting you and the GEX crew. Maybe we can load up the rental car with used pins while I'm there
rd

If there is anything you need while you are here let me know, I would be happy to help

JJ

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If there is anything you need while you are here let me know, I would be happy to help
JJ

Cheers JJ!

rd.

#87 10 years ago

I would have just bought a pro.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I disagree. Star Trek is at least an 8. And those games listed like genie are a 2. I would compare it to the statement about plays:

You might have the DMD horse blinders on yet. I had them when I was newer. Over time, the blinders come off, and you appreciate and have just as much fun (if not more) with early SS and EM's as well. Doesn't have to have ramps or flashy LED's to be fun. Just have to find the right games that are really catchy to you. They are out there, for every decade of pin. I'm not an EM guy, but over the years, I have found some EM's that i'm very fond of, and would love to own when I have the space to harbor them.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You might have the DMD horse blinders on yet. I had them when I was newer. Over time, the blinders come off, and you appreciate and have just as much fun (if not more) with early SS and EM's as well. Doesn't have to have ramps or flashy LED's to be fun. Just have to find the right games that are really catchy to you. They are out there, for every decade of pin. I'm not an EM guy, but over the years, I have found some EM's that i'm very fond of, and would love to own when I have the space to harbor them.

Good post Neo.

I certainly had the blinkers on ... My first pin was an EM back 25 years ago but since I sold it I haven't owned another one since.

In Germany last year I had a lot of fun (and frustration) playing the EM and SS games there. I sucked on them in the competition though ... I just didn't have the experience playing them.

Playing EMs is a completely different skill set to playing DMDs. Both are equally as fun as each other, but they are different.

rd

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd take the 5 girls.
As long as I could have them all at once....

tub.jpg 99 KB

I have sad news, those aren't all 2's in that pic. Might be one 2 in there, at least three 7/8's and one 6.

173349-i.jpg173349-i.jpg
#91 10 years ago

This thread just got better the more I read . The little battery operated pinball is hilarious, as for the girls in the bath , well it sure would be fun looking for the soap.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

This thread just got better the more I read . The little battery operated pinball is hilarious

Yeah and according to the game on the packaging the 100th game will be... Big Guns!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#93 10 years ago

yea, I'd do a hexsome with that group any day. Don't have to ask me twice.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I have sad news, those aren't all 2's in that pic. Might be one 2 in there, at least three 7/8's and one 6.

173349-i.jpg 37 KB

I'll give you the tip, if any man was in that room with 5 naked ladies, they'd all be a 10+ and it would be all on.

Even chubs in the corner would be a solid 9.5.

rd.

#95 10 years ago

I agree 100%. And if you disagree. you like wiener.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree 100%. And if you disagree. you like wiener.

I always find it amusing when guys say "eeewwww she's ugly" or something.

You just know that if the girl was in a room naked, that guy would be in like Flynn.

Like a hungry dog to its dinner bowl.

Like a fat person to the buffet in Vegas.

Once the blood flows to "the little man" it's all over. He takes control and a 2 becomes 10. Or possibly 11.

rd

#97 10 years ago

Great pick ups there Dave, particularly the Genie, Pool Sharks and Game Show. Very cool.

#98 10 years ago

Dave, I'm with you. I turned my METLE into three games including a T-2. And so far T-2 gets more play than METLE did. MM was also sacrificed, and turned into a couple nice examples of much harder to find machines, and there was money left over. Of course those with more money than space might prefer the pricier games, but I prefer variety.

And to tell you the truth, I don't miss either.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

173349-i.jpg 37 KB

Wow, more harsh ratings. I'd shop every one of them squeaky clean.

#100 10 years ago

Its your five a day in one handy location, dive in shouting any holes a goal and remember to tell your mates all about it afterwards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-i-did-with-my-stle-13500/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.