(Topic ID: 184034)

What hobby would you replace your time with if not doing pinball...

By HighProtein

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dtowndobe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knitting (resized).jpg
    20150822_151243 (resized).jpg
    20170401_210336 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170410_053251165 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1194 (resized).jpg
    lagniappe2-BayouCorneLA (resized).jpg
    BayouCorne-LPC-June2016-group_pic (resized).jpg
    IMG_1914.JPG (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20150617_215445 (resized).jpg
    Aurora-20140716-00067 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20130505_165446_755 (resized).jpg
    melissa1 (resized).jpg
    family2016 (resized).jpg
    1941 Dodge (resized).jpg
    IMGA0493 (resized).JPG
    20170211_140635 (resized).jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

So many possibilities...

I have two other primary hobbies: music and brewing beer. So I'd probably either have a sweet recording studio in the room that's my main game room, or an ultra-elaborate homebrew setup.

I also like cars. I currently have a nice '65 Mustang convertible in the garage, but have on more than one occasion, considered selling most of my arcade/pin collection in order to pick up a Delorean for myself or a '59 Impala for my dad.

#52 7 years ago

Yes very nice TRAMD. I betcha those kids love to play some pinball....LOL.

John

#53 7 years ago

If I didn't have pinball I probably would get back into motorcycles. Really miss riding, especially on nice days. Pic was my last bike. Sold it to a guy from work and he always likes to rub it in how much fun he has with it lol

IMG_20130505_165446_755 (resized).jpgIMG_20130505_165446_755 (resized).jpg

#54 7 years ago

Dirt bikes and motorcycles..... They currently compete for my fun money.

#55 7 years ago

Winter - Wood working
    Summer - Motorcycling

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

I'd play a lot more video games.
    Kind of ironic since video games were part of the reason pinball declined.
    For me, video games have declined because of pinball.

That's exactly where I'm at. Less pinball, more video games. Since I got the Nintendo Switch, I've barely touched pinball - it's all Zelda whenever I have free time. I was a ton of old games I never finished or played enough - when I finish Zelda (months from now) ...I'm probably going to go through my back catalog of unfinished games.

#57 7 years ago

I would play guitar more often and get back into fish and aquariums.
    IMG_20150617_215445 (resized).jpgIMG_20150617_215445 (resized).jpgAurora-20140716-00067 (resized).jpgAurora-20140716-00067 (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

Be careful you riders out there. But ride on!

#59 7 years ago

More motorcycles, classic cars (which is hard with snow half the year), or maybe slot car racing.....used to have a ton of AFX

#60 7 years ago

Back to model car building. Still have hundreds of musclecar kits sitting unbuilt. I should just get rid of them, they're taking up possible pinball space.

#61 7 years ago

Fast cars and fast women. Guys in my car club call me the Cruiser.

#62 7 years ago

It's a reverse question for me. I would much rather be skiing and snowmobiling in the winter to 3/31 than playing so much pinball.

Unfortunately the upper midwest has a snow crises "like not much". So we have not gone up so I've been playing so much pin my shoulder hurts. (may also be caused by lifting weights)

We have ski passes, snowmobiles, cross country ski's, snow shoes etc in the western UP Lake Superior snowbelt. What little they had was crushed in a march 6th rainstorm.

Pic is me and my grandson coming in from snowshoeing.

#63 7 years ago

Would move my time toward this elusive hobby called "productivity"

#64 7 years ago

I'm being pulled away from Pinball right now as I'm spending more time planning my build of my JK (Jeep Wrangler).

The amount of aftermarket mods for Jeeps are overwhelming. Loving the research and planning that goes into building an off-road vehicle that meets my priorities.

IMG_1914.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_1914.JPG (resized).jpeg

#65 7 years ago

I used to skydive. Before I had kids...

2 weeks later
    #66 7 years ago

Probably more guitar playing and spend more time with the neglected vette that sits in the garage..., or at least I THINK it's still in the garage.

John

#67 7 years ago

I already do a lot of hiking, canoeing/kayaking, & camping, but I would probably do more out-of-state trips to some of the more awesome outdoor places in USA, Canada, South & Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Scandanavia.

Might do more saltwater/offshore fishing if I had more time and money, and while doing that I might as well check out more of the awesome beaches around the world.

BayouCorne-LPC-June2016-group_pic (resized).jpgBayouCorne-LPC-June2016-group_pic (resized).jpg
    lagniappe2-BayouCorneLA (resized).jpglagniappe2-BayouCorneLA (resized).jpg
    IMAG1194 (resized).jpgIMAG1194 (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

I'd spend more time driving these

IMG_20170410_053251165 (resized).jpgIMG_20170410_053251165 (resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

Latest project... 90% done

20170401_210336 (resized).jpg20170401_210336 (resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjabones:

Latest project... 90% done

Sweet I like the disc brake addition, although I cant see the need for them. Nice job-cool bike!

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm being pulled away from Pinball right now as I'm spending more time planning my build of my JK (Jeep Wrangler).
    The amount of aftermarket mods for Jeeps are overwhelming. Loving the research and planning that goes into building an off-road vehicle that meets my priorities.

Yeah, I've got a 98 XJ with many aftermarket suspension parts on it that is finish and go out in Again.

#72 7 years ago

Dating women which i have start to do lately as my pinballs are taking a back seat lately

#73 7 years ago

Travel....We are like so many others our age and trying desperately to downsize. We do a lot of travelling now, but the goal is to eventually end up in a small condo and travel a lot more. I've done car restoration, antique game restoration...ride motorcycles, and have a pretty well-equipped shop. But after having to liquidate my brothers' large business when he passed away, and having to sort through and sell 100 years of collecting things on our old farm....I have made the decision I do not want my kids to ever be in that situation. We collect all of this crap and most of our kids could care less other than the monetary value. So I will someday sell it all and use the money for more travel..........lol. Stuff is just stuff, and we can't take it with us....but oh the memories. They funeral director is going to have to pry the smile off my face with a crowbar!

#74 7 years ago

I do a lot of photography and pottery. I'd probably do 50% more of each. I guess a link to my (woefully out-of-date) fb page is the easiest way to show both.

https://www.facebook.com/evandicksonphotography/

#75 7 years ago

20150822_151243 (resized).jpg20150822_151243 (resized).jpg

#77 7 years ago

Probably what all the other good old boys are doing.

knitting (resized).jpgknitting (resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago

Model trains - specifically Maerklin, have a small collection of Z, HO & 1 scales
    DIY home projects (running out of projects)
    Being more actively involved in my daughters' soccer & softball - already very active with them, but would like to get back into coaching
    Would like to have an aquarium
    Would like to get back into a "fun" car
    Would like to have a vacation property in the north - to fish and eventually pass down to my kids
    Would like to have a woodworking hobby too...

Work and pending college educations are more prohibitive to the above than pinball is!!

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-hobby-would-you-replace-your-time-with-if-not-doing-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.