Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

One of my favorite things about IM is the seemingly endless supply of quotes from the movie. Here are some of my favorites:

Tony Stark:
"I'm sorry, am I in your way?"
"My god, you're a woman!"
"Gimme a scotch, I'm starving"
"You look fantastic; I didn't recognize you!"
"Could have been worse, could have been worse" (said really fast)
"Not the car, not the car!"

Obadiah Stane:
"We gotta play a whole new ball game."
"You think that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you?"
"I was the one who filed the injunction against you."
"Your services are no longer required."
"Well if you'd killed him when you were supposed to, you'd still have a face."

#2 7 years ago

I've never played an IM with the sound turned up. my favorite quote is from the 2nd film:

"the party's over. Of course the party was over hours ago anyway. The AFTER party starts in 10 minutes!"

#3 7 years ago

Three hundred thousand!
Four hundred thousand!

lol

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Three Hundred thousand!
Four hundred thousand!
lol

No, I said what have YOU heard...

#5 7 years ago

Let's face it, this is not the worst you have caught me doing.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

RawleyD said:

Three Hundred thousand!
Four hundred thousand!
lol

I've only played it a couple times, and that's all I remember.

#7 7 years ago

never played iron man for too long.

but my fav quote came from about 30-40 min into 1st movie.

as tony stark emerges from the cave in his makeshift suit, and the enemy has unleased all of their rounds on him, they run out of ammo. after waiting patiently, he says...

"my turn."

that's superhero material right there.

i have no idea if that's in the game. hope it is.

-jon

#8 7 years ago

Well that... that went well.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

never played Iron Man for too long.
but my fav quote came from about 30-40 min into 1st movie.
as tony stark emerges from the cave in his makeshift suit, and the enemy has unleased all of their rounds on him, they run out of ammo. after waiting patiently, he says...
"my turn."
that's superhero material right there.
i have no idea if that's in the game. hope it is.
-jon

If it's not, it really should be.

#10 7 years ago

After you start the Monger multi-ball and drain without shots on the monger- Obadiah- "well that ah... That went well!". Love that one.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

swampfire said:RawleyD said:
Three Hundred thousand!
Four hundred thousand!
lol
I've only played it a couple times, and that's all I remember.

Sorry Rawley, I was just ribbing you a little.

#12 7 years ago

I think that the game doesn't have nearly enough quotes from Tony Stark.

What made the movie GREAT was the awesome quotes from the quick-witted Tony Stark...and almost all of them are missing from the game.

Heck...the pinball should be LOADED with Robert Downey Jr. quotes...and instead, we get a ton of Jeff Bridges. (Don't get me wrong...those quotes are fine, and well done....it's just that I'd rather have Iron Man quotes all over my Iron Man pinball machine (wild, eh?))

As is, the game is missing the wit and humor that it should have. Sometimes, multiple games go by without a single quote from Stark (sans match animation, of course)...

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

What made the movie GREAT was the awesome quotes from the quick-witted Tony Stark...and almost all of them are missing from the game.
Heck...the pinball should be LOADED with Robert Downey Jr. quotes...and instead, we get a ton of Jeff Bridges. (Don't get me wrong...those quotes are fine, and well done....it's just that I'd rather have Iron Man quotes all over my Iron Man pinball machine (wild, eh?))
As is, the game is missing the wit and humor that it should have. Sometimes, multiple games go by without a single quote from Stark (sans match animation, of course)...

I agree with this.

Many more quotes could/should have been used from Tony.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

As is, the game is missing the wit and humor that it should have.

I don't know what you're talking about. There are tons of Tony Stark quotes on my IM. Some people will never be happy...

Quoted from pmWolf:

Sometimes, multiple games go by without a single quote from Stark (sans match animation, of course)...

Try hitting the IRONMAN standups more. I almost always get a Tony quote when I hit one of these.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Really?

Tell you what, park 10 random people in front of the machine, and have them play 5 games on it. Put down a mark every time you hear Tony say something. Put down a mark every time Obidiah Stane says something. While you are at it, you might as well put a mark down for Pepper, too.

Stane quotes will outnumber Stark quotes by a ratio of AT LEAST 5.

We can settle this with science.

Pete

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

swampfire said:I don't know what you're talking about.
Really?
Tell you what, park 10 random people in front of the machine, and have them play 5 games on it. Put down a mark every time you hear Tony say something. Put down a mark every time Obidiah Stane says something. While you are at it, you might as well put a mark down for Pepper, too.
We can settle this with science.
Pete

Challenge accepted, but I don't have 10 random people. How about I just play 5 games and video the evidence? BTW, I'd characterize this as a friendly disagreement, since we both like the game...

#17 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm not taking this disagreement too seriously, so no worries there. =)

I'll dig up some random people, or check some YouTube gameplay vids. I think it'll work better if there are folks that don't have a vested interest in the outcome. (ie: people that ONLY shoot for Iron Monger spinners, or the side targets in order to skew the results).

Pete

#18 7 years ago

No matter who is talking, it is a great game. Wicked fast!

#19 7 years ago

As far as Tony vs Obidiah quotes, it depends on what you're shooting for. When you hit the spinners or Monger you get Obidiah, when you hit the Iron Man targets you get Tony. I've found that the further you progress on the Iron Man target modes (Fast Scoring => Double Scoring => Iron Man Scoring) the more different Tony clips you get.

#20 7 years ago

When I played a couple games of IM, the sound clips made me think I was playing Tron b/c of all the Jeff Bridges. lol

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

This depends on how you play the game. Sure If you're going for monger a lot maybe. But no way is it 5 especially if your missing your shots and get a lot of bounces into the Iron Man stand up's or just straight shooting for them to get to double scoring before a major multiball.

There are actually quite a few Tony Stark sound clips in it. I wish there were more of him while he was actually in the suit since you are supposed to actually be Iron Man fighting everyone.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

No matter who is talking, it is a great game. Wicked fast!

So very true! Game seems so simple and/or stripped down at first look, but IM delivers satisfaction to pinball players in so many ways. This title is not for Rookies or those that want to relax or have long ball times... unless you have the skill to earn the long ball time!

#23 7 years ago

I only played IM a few times, but isn't the player sort of in the role of Iron Man when playing that pin?

So you really really shouldn't be hearing that many Tony Stark quotes, because you are Tony Stark.

(Does that make sence because I think I've gone cross eyed.)

#24 7 years ago

Forget the quotes and Stark vs Obadiah, what cannot be argued is when the ironman targets are completed and you begin fast/double/IM scoring the best soundbite in all of pinball starts, hearing IMs repulsors charging and firing everytime you hit a target gets my adrenaline pumping everytime! Watching avengers again the other night during the final battle it reminded me just how cool that little sound effect is.

1 week later
#25 7 years ago

More Tony Stark:
"What's the world coming to when a guy has to crash his own party?"
"I've never been the hero type."
"Peace, yeah I love peace."

#26 7 years ago

I like the "no no no no no!"

#27 7 years ago

Kill POWER.

#28 7 years ago

"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far"

#29 7 years ago

I heard the douchebag defense contractor for the first time today:

"I want to make Iron Man look like an antique."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside