Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2.gif
    1.gif
    3.gif
    jsss.gif
    417582.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

As sung with the voice of Johnny Cash and Trent Reznor. Okay, maybe not so dead serious as the title might imply, but..

When I started the hobby in 2013, straight into competitive pinball I was always very annoyed with people "abusing" the game. Even excessive "down slapping" on the lockbar still seems unnecessary, but I aknowledge the need for slap saving and nudging. Sliding the game many cm's to the either side to save a ball has also been a great NO NO.

But lately, I have found myself sliding the game, if it can be done without full force. If in a tournament and someone saves the ball from draining with a slide, and I refuse to slide and loose the ball, then its a disadvantage for me.

I guess I have come to the conclusion, that if you dont want people to slide a game, then put on rubber feet and set the tilt very tight.
    After a shove to the side and a tilt, players will hopefully not do it again.

Anyone else have any opinions on sliding and similar? Is it the players responsibility to not slide a machine to save a ball if its possible without tilting, or the owner of the machine that has to set the bar by adding tilt and rubber legs? Is sliding "abusive" to the machine?

The ovious abuse like hitting and kicking the glass, cabinet or legs in rage after drain is not a question, thats 100 % not tolerable.

#5 8 years ago

Well, that was my early perception, "respect the machine/owner" if he does not want you to slide. Also if the machine has rubber feet and barely can be moved, and people force it despite it, then it does not seem like the best for the cabinet/legs/joints as mentioned above.

Just dont know to what degree sliding the machine is okay, or not.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from JosephT:

Can someone explain this move? Sounds like something I need to learn lol.

Haha, well, its maybe not so much a slap as it is a..err.. well basically you slam your open palms down on the lockbar, so it hits with the lower part of you hand. I dont really see what its good for, and dont do it myself, and I also get slightly annoyed when the certain player does it the whole time but I guess it is just to create some vibration for when the ball is close to the slings or something, without making the tilt bob move too much.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I find it amusing that your (edenecho) picture is of the word tilt. But you don't like to move the machine, causing it to tilt.
    Tilt is the game telling you to calm down. It you can shake the cabinet and have it not tilt; then you've done it properly.
    I think the best advice I've heard is that you can't affect the ball. The ball will roll where the physics will take it. When you nudge the machine you're trying to move the Playfield under the ball. The game will tell you if you've gone to far.

hahaha got me there. No but I tilt frequently and have become much better in at least doing all I can to save the ball with max 2 warnings. Cause in a way, the worst thing is doing nothing when you suspect the ball will go outlane /sdtm.
    And also, if a game is designed in a way that a saucer or something often spits the ball sdtm, then you have to either mover it or do something, when the game is ...cheating...kremt...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-have-i-become?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.