Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2.gif
    1.gif
    3.gif
    jsss.gif
    417582.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

Sliding a machine is an accepted move to save a ball. I am for all legal moves that saves a ball. Rage tilting, kicking, slamming lockdown bar, etc is unacceptable in my opinion. It's bad sportsmanship. I know that really none of that is hurting the game, but it's just bad sportsmanship. That and seeing a 40 year old man throw a full blown temper tantrum is stupid too. I cannot stop these things from happening, but it definitely takes some of the fun out of competitive pinball if it happens around me.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Haha, well, its maybe not so much a slap as it is a..err.. well basically you slam your open palms down on the lockbar, so it hits with the lower part of you hand. I dont really see what its good for, and dont do it myself, and I also get slightly annoyed when the certain player does it the whole time but I guess it is just to create some vibration for when the ball is close to the slings or something, without making the tilt bob move too much.

Oh I know what you're talking about. When performing a dead bounce, you want to do this when the ball is not moving that fast. It gives a little extra bounce if you do it right as it hits the flipper so that it transfers safely to the opposite flipper. Very effective and yes doesn't move the tilt bob hardly at all.

#14 8 years ago

Also, quick jabs like that when the ball is at the top of the sling or near the outlanes helps rattle the ball out of the outlane. Also very effective.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

A better pinball player than you or me. Maximum respect to the champ.
    » YouTube video

Pulled off my first successful wicked shimmy on a TWD pro the other day.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful! I'd love to try that (but not on mine)!

So it's clear you feel these moves are abuse and you don't want them done on your games, yet you'd gladly try them on other people's games? Classy.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If you do allow....

Nope sorry. That's abuse. Haha. You have to be delicate with my games while I destroy you game after game on them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-have-i-become?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.