(Topic ID: 128038)

What has Stern innovated in the past 20 years?

By rai

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 291 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron.png
    Terminator.jpg
    tumblr_lzgsh4SMn31qzm87go4_250.gif
    terminator.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    caveman-pinball-machine-flyer-gottlieb.jpg
    nbpfgl70.jpg
    caitlyn.jpg
    afm.jpg
    large.jpg
    afm_003.jpg
    image.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    New Canasta.jpg
    81SzLEXWIML._SL1500_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 8 years ago

The ball moving along the back board in the game Kiss is one as is many Innovations. My favorite is the ship in POTC

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

You can't say that yet. The Hobbit is going to have an LCD. Who's to say that won't become the norm for all pins in the near future? It's just too early to say it hasn't changed anything. In 5 years you could be eating your words.

The formation of JJP is nearing 4 1/2 years now with one game shipped in 5 years JJP may only be a memory.

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Did this game ever go into full production? From what I can tell, there were only 25 games made by a little company in Mexico. If that's the case, then I'm not sure you can even count that as part of the equation. Just wondering because this is the first time I've ever even heard of that game.

Being that the game was made in Spain and not Mexico your facts are suspect

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Stern has innovated the procedure of raising its prices and taking stuff out of its games at the same time.

JJP has innovated the procedure of talking peoples money then laughing

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Don't know to thumbs down or up that post. Undecided, good one ek77

In the end I think it will all come down to game three and are they still on the prepay model

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Was done In 1992 bsd on the play field and pretty much the same mechanism was used on banzi run to take the ball to the upper backbox also.

It is what BSD did but far more difficult as it is on the back not the playfield. As for Banzai Run I can not say.People need to worry less about who was first I think it is a shame TZ upper playfield has never been redone lets go back find the best use them

4 months later
    #181 8 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Not sure why you need a BOM to be convinced that the costs have not risen in proportion to material prices. You don't need to see Stern's BOM cost to figure out the new metal backbox saves money, the elimination of the service rails saves money as does the relocation of the power switch, don't forget the removal of the lockdown bar. The spike system etc...etc...
    To give you an idea Pinsider Flashinstinct had a good post were he added up the prices of all the parts, however some of the estimates were a bit high. I suspect the cost for a pro is comfortably below $2K. Many of us have commented on the price hikes over the past 3-4 years, we can't all be high. As far as DP...they technically already shipped a product, BOP 2.0. Judging by your collection and time here I'm guessing you're new to the hobby, wait till you see TBL, it will be a treat.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/actual-cost-of-a-pinball-machine

You forget Stern does not sell direct like other pin manufacturers. Game distributors mark up 100 percent so Stern gets only half of the price of a retail sale

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

That's not true, I've heard the distributors get a couple hundred dollars per game.

I have a bridge to sell you

1 week later
    #283 8 years ago

It's only pinball people

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-has-stern-contributed-to-pinball-in-the-past-20years?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.