(Topic ID: 258301)

What has ebay become?

By Pinsforfun

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

I was a Seller for 15 years, it has been proven that Auctions starting at 1 dollar actually sell at a higher price. People have no faith in the process anymore, they want more than its worth as a starting price and hope some sucker bites. Granted, I was not selling Pinball machines but moved a lot of big ticket items with the simple Auction method. Greed takes over and bidding wars begin, with constant sniping at the end.
    Businesses also use Ebay as free advertising, listing items at astronomical prices but making it very obvious where they can be found away from Ebay. They have no intention of selling through the System.

#33 4 years ago

Had better success with Craigslist this year, figured out how to use it. EBay can pound sand. They are reporting to the IRS your sales, used to be flea market/yard sale items were not taxed. Thats the way it will continue in my neighborhood for 2020, there are alternatives.

#39 4 years ago

Loneacer I know. Thanks anyway.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I use to be an eBay seller for years. My eBay feedback is over 10K but I have not sold on eBay for about 5 years. The fees (ebay and PayPal) are just too high and ebay/PayPal no longer backs the seller.

This is it in a nutshell. I listed an antique boat windshield with new white rubber moulding. Someone contacted me and asked to purchase just the moulding, I told him it all stayed together. The same person won the auction, I shipped, and he immediately asked for a return, that my listing was inaccurate. Bay wanted me to pay for return shipping. When I got it back, the rubber moulding was missing. The Buyer admitted in writing he just wanted the moulding and had no intention of paying for it.
    So I opened a Case, Ebay/Paypal sided with the Buyer, I lost the Moulding, Return shipping fees.
    An Internet search reveals thousands of cases like this.

#60 4 years ago

With Ebay having all related correspondence they did nothing. As a long term Seller I have found it best to eat the cost to keep from making waves which could result in my 100% Feedback from being ruined. Paypal will also lock your Sellers account on a whim of any trouble, no matter your record.
    Filing a police report that crosses State lines for 100 dollars worth of material is ludicrous.
    People have found out that Ebay always backs the Buyer and use this information to scam Sellers, right now it is rampant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-has-ebay-become?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.