5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by DadofTwins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I have my seller preferences set as US only, no returns, and a few other things to avoid scammers.
    That way those conditions are baked into everything you sell and eBay takes your side if a buyer violates them.
    EBay is great for finding vintage NOS ICs and things like that. I have a new design Commodore 64 PSU en route, could have ordered direct from the guy but eBay gives me a bit more confidence.

I have a magnolia odyssey 2 and games I need to list. I may go FB or eBay with it.

#52 5 months ago

Ebay was the bomb when final valuations were capped at $200.

I’ve sold a bunch of pins over the years. Pretty much everyone was a .99 NR auction. Loved getting lots of bids early and people just want to win. An item with lots of bids attracts attention too.

Most of my pin auctions exceeded my expectations.

#53 5 months ago

Bought some stuff just yesterday. Deals can be had, although they are fewer and farther between. One really nice thing for me is that I can get a lot of products that are otherwise unavailable in Canada.

eBay had its own shipping service, American customers ship it to an eBay location, then it’s forwarded to me in Canada. The first time it happened I was worried because I could see on my tracking number that the product was destined for another location, but that turned out to be an eBay shipper.

Some people just don’t ship to Canada, but even if I gotta pay a couple bucks more it’s worth it. The alternative is not getting the product.

#54 5 months ago

The cheese moved. It keeps moving.

Amazon overtook them. Somebody always tries to overtake.

image (resized).jpeg
    #55 5 months ago

A small and valuable gem. (Self stated)

#56 5 months ago

I use to be an eBay seller for years. My eBay feedback is over 10K but I have not sold on eBay for about 5 years. The fees (ebay and PayPal) are just too high and ebay/PayPal no longer backs the seller.

#57 5 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Had better success with Craigslist this year, figured out how to use it. EBay can pound sand. They are reporting to the IRS your sales, used to be flea market/yard sale items were not taxed. Thats the way it will continue in my neighborhood for 2020, there are alternatives.

I list stuff that is too heavy or big for me to want to ship on craigslist, and every time without fail the only responses I get are people who want something for nothing, or the worlds most lopsided trade (in their favor of course), and if you do find someone who seems on the level, half the time they don't show up. Haven't sold anything on ebay in 15 years but I'm seriously considering giving it another try.

#58 5 months ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I use to be an eBay seller for years. My eBay feedback is over 10K but I have not sold on eBay for about 5 years. The fees (ebay and PayPal) are just too high and ebay/PayPal no longer backs the seller.

This is it in a nutshell. I listed an antique boat windshield with new white rubber moulding. Someone contacted me and asked to purchase just the moulding, I told him it all stayed together. The same person won the auction, I shipped, and he immediately asked for a return, that my listing was inaccurate. Bay wanted me to pay for return shipping. When I got it back, the rubber moulding was missing. The Buyer admitted in writing he just wanted the moulding and had no intention of paying for it.
    So I opened a Case, Ebay/Paypal sided with the Buyer, I lost the Moulding, Return shipping fees.
    An Internet search reveals thousands of cases like this.

#59 5 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

This is it in a nutshell. I listed an antique boat windshield with new white rubber moulding. Someone contacted me and asked to purchase just the moulding, I told him it all stayed together. The same person won the auction, I shipped, and he immediately asked for a return, that my listing was inaccurate. Bay wanted me to pay for return shipping. When I got it back, the rubber moulding was missing. The Buyer admitted in writing he just wanted the moulding and had no intention of paying for it.
    So I opened a Case, Ebay/Paypal sided with the Buyer, I lost the Moulding, Return shipping fees.
    An Internet search reveals thousands of cases like this.

Can you file a theft report with the police?

#60 5 months ago

With Ebay having all related correspondence they did nothing. As a long term Seller I have found it best to eat the cost to keep from making waves which could result in my 100% Feedback from being ruined. Paypal will also lock your Sellers account on a whim of any trouble, no matter your record.
    Filing a police report that crosses State lines for 100 dollars worth of material is ludicrous.
    People have found out that Ebay always backs the Buyer and use this information to scam Sellers, right now it is rampant.

#61 5 months ago

Sounds like everyone should BOYCOTT EBAY until they do what is right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 149.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.99
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pindependent
    $ 14.95
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside