(Topic ID: 59251)

What has caused the resurgence of pinball?

By rustybomber79

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 210 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pindan3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_1982_rare_still_by_kriegdersterne.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jatoospry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 10 years ago

It was the PinBall arcade software that got me into it. I am probably younger than most at 25 so never really grew up with PinBall. In fact until recently when I went out LOOKING for pinball machines I had only seen a few in my entire life.

The PinBall arcade opened up a whole new world for me and impressed upon me just how fun PinBall could be. From there it got me out and around my city looking for locations where I could play real pinball machines and I have now bought my first machine and am looking to buy more.

You know its an odd thing. There are obviously not many physical machines out there because the customers are not there to support it but at the same time I cant support the machines if they dont exist. Catch 22 I guess. Had I had the luck of randomly running into a machine before onsite my obsession may have developed earlier than it did.

*edit*

It also helps from a personal collection point of view that I am old enough now that I am at a point in my career where despite the lack of available on location machines I can afford to indulge in my hobby from a collectors point of view. Something even two years ago would not have been possible for me.

After reading the posts above too I must concur. I have been a console/PC gamer since 93 and sitting down with the old Apogee/ID games but the last few years have been slowly losing my urge to sit down and play anything for any length of time. PinBall now seems to have taken its place.

#201 10 years ago

Annnnd I just bought a second pinball machine.

Not bad for two weeks into owning my first

Its an obsession, its like pokemon, gotta own em all!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jatoospry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-has-caused-the-resurgence-of-pinball?tu=jatoospry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.