(Topic ID: 59251)

What has caused the resurgence of pinball?

By rustybomber79

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 210 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pindan3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_1982_rare_still_by_kriegdersterne.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Yeah that's an interesting point. I go to Free Gold Watch (FGW) here in San Francisco. Apparently it's the only location WOZ in all of California.
    . . . Most people I think still think $1 or even $0.75 is a lot for a game

No, there has been a WOZ for quite a few months at Nickel City, in the Rancho Bernardo / Poway area of San Diego County. It is one of the early prototypes of this table. (Nickel City itself is due to be moving to a new location in that general area, perhaps as soon as this Fall.) Despite the name, theme, and widespread use of nickels at NC, I believe this one had been set for $0.50 per game, but I'd need to confirm that. $0.75 was the prevailing price around L.A., the last time I checked, and there are some games at that price in the S.D. area, but most often they are $0.50 or less. I think higher than that is really pushing it, even for tables kept in good working order (never that easy to find), regardless of what market you're in.

#179 10 years ago

We can start talking more seriously about a "resurgence" when JJP and Heighway sell 10,000 units of a title, have to go back into production on it, thereby inspiring further startups and giving Stern some cause for concern.

But I think Craig and Bakushan are on the right track.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-has-caused-the-resurgence-of-pinball?tu=heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.