(Topic ID: 217671)

What has been on your wishlist the longest?

By ForceFlow

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RazerX
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-15 (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg
1528111321011438253989 (resized).jpg
P8220290 (resized).JPG
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I happened to glance at my wishlist, and noticed I still had a bunch of games that have been on my list for over 4 years.

DESW, WOZ, IJ, LOTR, CC, AFM, MM, CV, and several others.

They're simply expensive titles most of the time and not easy to find as cheap projects.

What's been on your wishlist for ages and why?

https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/collection

#2 5 years ago

IJ because it's an all timer...and expensive

#3 5 years ago

Transporter.

Rare, over priced currently (IMHO), and not a great game compared to other rare stuff from that era/price.
It is still good and great art, but I Just have not found the right one yet.

BMX has been on for a long time. That one just because it is too rare to find in decent condition/reasonable price.

#4 5 years ago

For me it's Tommy the who and tales from the crypt I have had both on my wish list since I got into pinball and for some reason I just have not been able to find the right deal or right time to get these two games.

#5 5 years ago

Quicksilver. Two people answered my WTB ads with "what are you willing to pay?" Apparently I'm not willing to overpay for this title so it still eludes me.

#6 5 years ago

AC/DC premium. One day hopefully the stars will align...

#7 5 years ago

Tron, Eight Ball Deluxe and The Shadow.

With Tron and Shadow, too expensive. With 8BD, I havent found one with a regular cabinet (non LE) and a playfield without an overlay that's been attainable.

#8 5 years ago

Tron. Been waiting for a VE for years. Gave up on that when a sweet LE popped up and I'm picking it up Sat!!!! If you can't tell I'm excited. 26 hour round trip but should be worth it.

#9 5 years ago

Spooky. Gots ta be patient when pinball collecting.

#10 5 years ago

Pinside test machine

#11 5 years ago

I forgot all about that.

Capcom Kingpin. Which may work out in the future.

I should add AC/DC Luci vault.

LTG : )

#12 5 years ago

I put the Hobbit on mine yesterday. The lower prices on used ones has me intrigued. I would have to sell or trade GnR to make room for it though, and my wife didn't like that idea when I brought it up to her last night. She played two pins before work this morning, and GnR was the only one she didn't play, so I am not sure what the hangup is.

#13 5 years ago

I never did the wishlist thing because every game I want is rare. Warlok, Strange World, Solar Fire, Quicksilver, Star Gazer, Frontier, Spirit, Defender, and Starlight are on my mental short list and I'm not paying 5-7 grand for any of them either, so I'm happy to dream for the time being.

#14 5 years ago

What I'm holding out for is a mint Swords of Fury, an Abra ca Dabra, Capcom Kingpin, No Fear for the missus and a Centaur.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I never did the wishlist thing because every game I want is rare. Warlok, Strange World, Solar Fire, Quicksilver, Star Gazer, Frontier, Spirit, Defender, and Starlight are on my mental short list and I'm not paying 5-7 grand for any of them either, so I'm happy to dream for the time being.

you should be able to find many of those under 5k!

The benefit of the wishlist is to see those games/get alerted when they come up in the market.

#16 5 years ago

I managed to finish off my wishlist a couple of years ago. These days when I get a new machine it's just the right place and the right time...

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I managed to finish off my wishlist a couple of years ago.

I remember that weekend you came back from the Sega landfill.

#18 5 years ago

My TBL that I paid for 4 years ago.

#19 5 years ago

I don't know, it's still on the wishlist...

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember that weekend you came back from the Sega landfill.

: middlefinger:

#21 5 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire. I passed on one for, I think $6000 a few years ago and I’ve never seen one for that price ever again. Hindsight.

#22 5 years ago

Stargate for four years.... I've tried to buy one like six times but the deal never quite comes together.

#23 5 years ago

Blackwater 100

I've probably wanted this pin for 30 years now. It completely blew my mind when twelve year old me briefly caught a glimpse of it in a back corner of Fudruckers near the bathrooms. I was only there to pee and parents wouldn't cough up any quarters so... I've still never played it!

Haven't had one pop up I'm comfortable with but maybe someday. I'm quite certain the gameplay would be a let down after 30 years of buildup too.

#24 5 years ago

Back to the Future.

Loved the movies so the theme is the appeal.
I've heard game play is somewhat lacking though and never had one pop up for sale close -- wanting to play it for myself before making the decision to buy one long distance.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Haven't had one pop up I'm comfortable with but maybe someday. I'm quite certain the gameplay would be a let down after 30 years of buildup too.

Let me save you more years

No but honestly it is pretty horrible.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

wanting to play it for myself before making the decision to buy one long distance.

Very similar to DEs around that time frame if you have access to those.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

: middlefinger:

The law typically has good taste in games. I think Sonic must have taken away his first girlfriend or something cause he never caught on that many sega games are really good!

Quoted from FlippyD:

Blackwater 100

I've probably wanted this pin for 30 years now. It completely blew my mind when twelve year old me briefly caught a glimpse of it in a back corner of Fudruckers near the bathrooms. I was only there to pee and parents wouldn't cough up any quarters so... I've still never played it!

Do you like WhiteWater? If so, it is similar in feels but way tougher, more intense, and unique. I played Kevin Carol's really nice example (after a few years of giving him a hard time that it was not ready to play when I would visit ) and decided I MUST have one! Great game! Super fun and great theme integration.

#27 5 years ago

WOZ---too much $. Might just trade ACDC for one, but I'd regret it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The benefit of the wishlist is to see those games/get alerted when they come up in the market.

Whysnow some of these titles sell within an hour of being posted on Pinside. In the case of Quicksilver no one has ever sold one in the marketplace. All of the Quicksilver sales on Pinside were done through forums or people answering wtb ads. For rarer titles like this you have to have another rare title to trade or have a really good network built up over many years

#29 5 years ago

For me...it'd have to be Scared Stiff. The price that title fetches is what drove me to buy my 1st NIB.....WOZECLE

#30 5 years ago

Funhouse
Williams IJ
Monster Bash
MM

Funhouse is the only one of these I still actually want. Should probably update the list.

#31 5 years ago

MB. I have been patient and waiting that long, there are rumours of a remake.

#32 5 years ago

Fathom and Centaur. Few are left that aren't restored. Ironically the 2001 Mr Pinball Price Guide list these prices: Fathom $875, Centaur $850, Xenon $800, EBD $950, Kiss $1725 Paragon $700 Medusa $575 Viking $575 Flash Gordon $600 and Rolling Stones $1225. Now a Fathom and Centaur are the highest priced of those titles.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WOZ---too much $. Might just trade ACDC for one, but I'd regret it.

When I'm done with my WOZ in a few years, let's work out a trade.

#34 5 years ago

Swords of Fury has always been a timing issue. Someday all the pieces will fall in place. Got a line on a nice Centaur but the owner refuses to sell so far. For Kingpin I'm watching the remake thing closely.

#35 5 years ago

GOT pro for me. One of these days one will pop up locally.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from rattmuscle:

Swords of Fury has always been a timing issue. Someday all the pieces will fall in place. Got a line on a nice Centaur but the owner refuses to sell so far. For Kingpin I'm watching the remake thing closely.

There’s a really nice Swords if Fury in Atlanta area on Facebook. Typical upper playfield wear. I played it when I picked up another pin and the swords plays flawlessly.

#37 5 years ago

Tron. Really hoping for a VE but I'm sure that will be way to much $$$ for my broke ass too.

#38 5 years ago

Centaur and EBD
never seems to come up when I have the $$ at hand

#39 5 years ago

Army Navy....wishing for 47 years! Yikes!

#40 5 years ago

Mine changes on a regular basis. Too many titles, not enough space and time. Just glad I have pins in the house and the wife likes them.

#41 5 years ago

Radical , will pay good money for a super nice one with no insert issues.

#42 5 years ago

Banzai Run ... Would be a nice find for me

#43 5 years ago

Used to be the Charlies Angels EM version that I chased down for 12 years until I finally got my hands on the only one I've ever seen in person, serial #1001S. I've also been looking for my other last Holy Grail which is Bally's Bigfoot. Not sure on that one but I'm guessing at least seventeen years now. I have an original backglass, just need the game to put it into.......LOL.

John

P8220290 (resized).JPGP8220290 (resized).JPG

#44 5 years ago

Date night with Rachel McAdams

#45 5 years ago

It took almost 20 years but I finally found a Centaur in great shape.

#46 5 years ago

Looks like TRON...2012

I made a list in 2001 and STTNG and IJ where both on it. Got STTNG in 2012 and IJ in 2015...so 14 years for IJ.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Date night with Rachel McAdams

I would gladly pass up a date night with Rachael for a Stern Iron Maiden from 82.

#48 5 years ago

Godzilla. I’m a fan of the franchise and every time I come across one, which is rare, either I don’t have the space, cash, or a way to get it home.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was wondering how that worked. So if I make a wishlist, do I get a PM when one gets posted for sale in the market?

#50 5 years ago

IJ4. More out of morbid curiosity than anything. But the prices they go for are outrageous based on the limited amount of time I have had to play one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-has-been-on-your-wishlist-the-longest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.