(Topic ID: 319269)

What happens with all the non refundable Toy Story CE deposits?

By Deez

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Deez
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Looking at the marketplace it seems pretty apparent that a lot of flippers are going to be taking a bath on their toy story CE deposits soon. I'm curious how that ends up working? Who ends up keeping the $2500? Does the distributor keep that cash and end up still having to take delivery of the machine and be on the hook to unload it or is there the possibility that not all CEs will get produced?

I'm sure there are plenty of people kicking themselves and will have to make a hard decision to lose out on $2500 or cough up another 12,500. I am interested to see how it plays out.

#2 1 year ago

Jack's pocket ?

#4 1 year ago

It will depend on who the deposit is with would be my guess. Some dealers will refund and just resell the game. If deposit is with JJP it's probably not refundable.

#5 1 year ago

I'm not saying who....But....
I've had 3 distributors say they have Ce available now. People are backing out and buying LE instead.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'm not saying who....But....
I've had 3 distributors say they have Ce available now. People are backing out and buying LE instead.

This is an interesting take. I guess best case scenario would be to roll that deposit into an LE instead of losing it completely.

#7 1 year ago

The gloating seems a little premature don’t it?

Let’s see how this plays out! I think we’ve got a long way to go before we are at a Halloween “I’ll pay you to take over this thing” situation.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The gloating seems a little premature don’t it?
Let’s see how this plays out! I think we’ve got a long way to go before we are at a Halloween “I’ll pay you to take over this thing” situation.

Doesn't look good when one of the promoted ads for this thread is $10(OBO) for a CE spot.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Doesn't look good when one of the promoted ads for this thread is $10(OBO) for a CE spot.

That ad is asking full price. I think the $10 is just a min price level.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Just because one guy isn't selling his CE spots for thousands of dollars doesn't necessarily mean that the market value of the unreleased pin is already below msrp

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Just because one guy isn't selling his CE spots for thousands of dollars doesn't necessarily mean that the market value of the unreleased pin is already below msrp

Looks like we triggered a CE buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 35.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happens-with-all-the-non-refundable-toy-story-ce-deposits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.