Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault.jpg
    in_before_the_lock_gif.gif
    Dan has too much time on his hands.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Can we partially quote a text? Meaning, using their words, but only the sentences that pertains to our comments.

Absolutely...no worries there.

Just try not to grab things that are insanely out-of-context as a way to "get" someone.

Pete

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

I am not trying to criticize a specific mod decision here, but would like to raise a general question as to the "can't criticize a mods' decision in public" rule. While I understand the intent, Doesn't that seem oppressive? It seems like a better approach would be to limit the amount of such criticism so that it's not too much, or to allow public comment on the threads that users create when interacting with the mods.

Well, generally public mod-criticism turns into a nasty bloodbath quickly. As soon as you put up a criticism....even if well meaning and polite....others take it as their cue to go absolutely berserk and bash with impressive gusto.

So, you've got to understand....we KNOW we aren't perfect. We make mistakes all the time! I absolutely try my best to be fair, and I work hard to do what's best for the entire group....but man, I can't say I'm 100% right all the time. (And...even when I feel I AM right, chances are that not everyone will be happy with a decision to lock a thread, or eject someone, or whatever).

Because of these factors...that's why the Moderator Feedback section exists. We welcome your comments, and we are happy to discuss issues there, in a non-public setting. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong....and sometimes individual moderators handle things differently. (I've said it before...we aren't all perfect robots). The discussions in the Mod Feedback section can help explain the various positions, and generally people leave with a better understanding of things...with no hard feelings.

Pete

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

This will be my last comment on this topic. Thanks for your consideration and patience.

Again, feel free to open up a Mod Feedback thread...we would love to continue the discussion there if you'd like. I don't want you to think that we're trying to sweep your concerns under the rug...

Pete

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Let's lighten the mood and dance a little. This guy is great! » YouTube video

You know what...this one always makes me smile, too:

http://i.imgur.com/NiVnVDK.gifv

89 year old Brian Sperry scores a touchdown at the Kansas University scrimmage.

The pure joy is just awesome...

Pete

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm not questioning the moderator's decision. I'm just wondering why the comment below the moderated post is anonymous.

There was a time when it wasn't anonymous....

And that's when things went bat-crap insane with people making some really nasty, attacking youtube videos, sending awful PM's, and generally being jerks.

So, anonymous corrections were the better choice. Subjecting your volunteer mods to some insane abuse....that's rough.

Pete

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Dan has too much time on his hands.png (Click image to enlarge)

This....was....brilliant.

Seriously.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The only thing I would say is the warning message you get from a mod editing your post is kind of jarring.

Trust me, this has been a big topic of discussion among us.

We're still working on things...and you know that Robin loves to improve the site. We are always looking for a "better way" to do things.

Pete

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-tracelifter?tu=pmwolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.