Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault.jpg
    in_before_the_lock_gif.gif
    Dan has too much time on his hands.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#25 8 years ago

Hey folks...leave it be, let it rest. He made a request, Robin addressed it, over and done.

#36 8 years ago

Consider this fair warning folks...question asked and answered here in the first two posts.

If this thread continues to get into bickering, we won't permit that stuff.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

I am not trying to criticize a specific mod decision here, but would like to raise a general question as to the "can't criticize a mods' decision in public" rule. While I understand the intent, Doesn't that seem oppressive? It seems like a better approach would be to limit the amount of such criticism so that it's not too much, or to allow public comment on the threads that users create when interacting with the mods.

You really can't draw a line in a gray area like this and define levels of acceptable criticism. But, that said, this is a moderated site. That's life here. You set up an account and agree to it.

But...normally we are a pretty light-handed bunch. We don't like to get involved in doing anything beyond keeping a level of civility here, keeping things from getting out of hand and ugly. We all understand that it's not something everyone agrees with. If you don't agree with it, open up a topic in the moderator feedback forum and we are happy to discuss with you privately.

Back to where this all started, it's just not cool to mock the mods. We aren't gods. We are here of our own free will (and time) for the love of the hobby and forum. Nothing more, nothing less. We have discussions on keeping our moderation consistent and fair. While people may just see the occasional post from us, rest assured there is constant discussion before and sometimes during, and often after any major moderation.

We are here to make this a forum that's pleasant and a happy place for all.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

I understand this strategy, but would suggest making the subforum public. In this way, third parties can comment. This matters because, let's say, I am given some type of warning. I would then be reluctant to disagree with said decision because it would ultimatley only serve to cause me more problems and/or annoy the mods (I'm probably doing this now, but I'm honestly just trying to provide feedback. I am a former journalist, so I'm "into" these types of issues).
    But I understand the bloodbath-type scenario. Just wondering if there is some type of middle ground here rather than a user getting banned for making a comment a mod might consider criticism. I think it makes a poor impression on folks when they see that, but many are reluctant to say anything for fear of reprisal.

Realistically that would just never work. You can't have a discussion with someone with the entire world weighing in.

There is in fact a middle ground. Minor stuff gets warnings pretty regularly. Being banned from a topic isn't something that's done lightly. It's done when it's not a minor infraction.

#87 8 years ago

Goodnight topic. This thread has got to be pretty firmly entrenched in the "derailed" category, so lock-o-matic away...

If anyone has particular issues with mods, moderation techniques, or anything else, please fire up a post in the moderator feedback forum.

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-tracelifter?tu=njgecko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.