Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 445 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slayer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

uptheass.jpg
    FR.jpg
    hobbit-dwarves-poster-610x889.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scarybeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 11 years ago

The 'real' way of doing business?

The 'most common' way of doing business is to get investors to fund your business venture, and hope that you are able to pay them back when your product sells. Leaving leaving you, and your small number of investors VERY vulnerable to loosing a LOT of money.

The crowd funding way of doing business is to accept customer pre-orders as the loan for your business, leaving only your customers vulnerable to loose a fraction of the total investment, if you don't deliver what you promised.

I do not understand people who are so angry about crowd funding and pre-orders as a way to do business. I don't know anything about the specific company your talking about (jersey Jack) but if it smells fishy and he is asking for more and more without delivering a product, don't invest in him. It's that easy. Complain about the business, not the business model.

#204 11 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am not angry at all. If this is the way jack thinks its the route to go, so be it.
    But, like i explaned 2 posts above, 8000 is alot of money for almost any living creature on earth.
    Spending 8000 on a machine you know nothing about but the theme is just insain if you are not one of the few very rich people around.
    This way pinball will be for only a few, and that will cost pinball hardly when those few are not around or interested anymore.

8,000 is a lot of money for a product you know nothing about other than a name and a theme of. If Jersey Jack did not do a good job of posting video of the machine's prototype, showing how it works, what all of the features are, and showing testimonials/honest surveys of people who have played it, I would never invest in him myself. But, apparently a lot of people have.

And its a good thing they have, as once they buy them, JJP will make money and become a more stable business for it. which will open the doors for more machines to be made, and give people who did not pre-order the chance to buy tables that are over-flow.

8k is not an 'insane' price to pay for a brand new pinball machine. It is a risky price to pay for a company's first effort. some people are willing to take that risk, you seem to be more upset that its a limited edition and your not willing to risk it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scarybeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-the-real-way-of-doing-business-hobbit-le?tu=scarybeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.