Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 445 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slayer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

uptheass.jpg
    FR.jpg
    hobbit-dwarves-poster-610x889.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigOrange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Who says he needs more money? See, my last post.

He needs the money! (there, I said it!) Hasn't taken in significant new money in a year or two now, product development timeline blown to hell (yet expenses keep on coming), hitting the most expensive part of the process - funding all the components in the 1,000 he's on the hook for (with no new revenues until he gets those out).

It's a safe bet he needs the money... If you want to lose sleep, using a larger second round of investors to "make good" on a too-great deal to a smaller first round group is a scary business model to me (there are even some words for that scheme which I won't use). I hope you all wait for the WOZ goods before you pull this trigger on this...

#34 11 years ago

LMFAO!! I have no idea what you're talking about... And please refer all legal threats to PinballWizard79!

#131 11 years ago

I think the point (which is reasonable) is that getting a "discount" for paying two years in advance isn't necessarily a deal after all...

#423 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

There's an innocence and tremendous amount of blind faith with people in this hobby that I find simply precious to observe.
    The unfortunate part of that, though, is that when a greedy scoundrel gets an idea to hit the community for some MAJOR and QUICK bucks by delivering on nothing but lies, they're gonna have very little trouble pulling it off.
    If pin-collecting continues its trend towards becoming a hobby exclusive to the wealthy, then at some point along the way, a charlatan of some sort is certain to take notice and show up.
    (Not that I think JJP is that type of cat, 'cause I totally DO NOT.)

Amen, Brother... It's a really interesting community and phenomenon - a lot of "faith based" purchasing. It seems like it's working out reasonably well in terms of WOZ but I wouldn't be willing to take on the risk that many others seem to in this world... Hoping the best for all...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigOrange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-the-real-way-of-doing-business-hobbit-le?tu=BigOrange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.