Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R-3046908-1449336874-5732.jpeg (resized).jpg
    TIME-WARP-SWITCH-MATRIX (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

March 18 2018 was his last post about the game.

He says he installed an Alltek MPU board hoping that some of the game glitches would be cured by the board.

Apparently the Alltek did not help, so the bugs might be in the wiring?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the bugs were in the code. It was never finished or tweaked.

It is just an early-stage proto from a company that was about to go under, after all.

I wish Ken would post a video, then we could see what bugs he's got.

I don't have to tell anyone how frustrating the switch matrix can be to someone who does not troubleshoot them all the time.

Experienced techs that work for ops will tell me how they had to pull a machine because it's "possessed".

Not having a Switch Matrix chart makes things even worse for a nubie.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This guy is a newbie?!
    Hope he didn't bite off more than he can chew.

Sometimes Karma bites off more of your ass than it can chew.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

All because a few people thought seller should try to get more money instead of selling it to someone who would have actually done something with it.

The seller was not a pinball guy.

He did not know who Clay was.

If anyone came off like a jerk to him, he did what anyone else would do - sell it to somebody else.

#11 5 years ago

Ken - if you are reading this.

It can often help to draw out the switch matrix (just follow the wire color codes) into a grid.

Then you can "draw the box" to find when a flaky diode in one row is putting a ghost into another.

Here is one I did for Time Warp because the original was incomplete, you can do the same in a few minutes:

TIME-WARP-SWITCH-MATRIX (resized).jpgTIME-WARP-SWITCH-MATRIX (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Hopefully someone who knows Ken can invite him to turn his account back on (or someone who has Facebook can invite him through his blog).

There are a couple dozen good techs here, I'm sure we can get it figured out.

R-3046908-1449336874-5732.jpeg (resized).jpgR-3046908-1449336874-5732.jpeg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-the-lazer-lord-pinball?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.