Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Martijn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thread-opening-guide (resized).png
    plenty of space (resized).JPG
    fav-topics (resized).png
    Pinside characters (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

That's what I use to navigate the forum most frequently. Please put it back.

#2 7 years ago

Agree. Just dropped in and was wondering WTH

#3 7 years ago

It all seems to be under the "Topics" tab and "Posts" tab now.

#4 7 years ago

Good, thought it was just me.

#6 7 years ago

Click on the "Topics" Tab on the left side.
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

Hope it's a mistake, because why bury that useful tab?

#8 7 years ago

As per our update announcement:

To allow you to more easily find relevant topics and posts, we changed the division of the tabs for topics (contains all views related to topics), posts (contains all views related to posts) and relocated other functionality (like forum settings, mentions, favorites and search) as individual tabs with recognizable icons.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9 7 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#10 7 years ago

bring it back ! bring it back ! bring it back !

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

As per our update announcement:
    To allow you to more easily find relevant topics and posts, we changed the division of the tabs for topics (contains all views related to topics), posts (contains all views related to posts) and relocated other functionality (like forum settings, mentions, favorites and search) as individual tabs with recognizable icons.

No no no.. Bring back the old tab. It's not obvious.

#12 7 years ago

Please change it back.

#13 7 years ago

Yep that seems like a unnecessary change. The activity and favorites tab is what I use most often to look at the forum. I go to the front page to look any new topics and then the activity tab to look topics I recently commented on. Then occasionally I check my favorites.

I appreciate the attempt to improve but this one didn't help.

#14 7 years ago

I also prefer it like it was....

#15 7 years ago

I didn't change the layout just for the sake of change, it actually thought about this long and hard

It started when I added post views, to be able to list our new key posts view and post mentions view (as well as a cool new "all posts by you" view). This needed a new tab. This lead to tab overload (especially on mobile), which made me reconsider if all the tabs were needed. It became apparent that all we needed was a topics (which is basically activity but renamed to make it more descriptive of what's under it) and a posts tab.

Of course I realise the value of having one-click access to something, hence the shortcuts on the right. Look at Martijns screenshot again (a few posts up): Everything is still accessible with one click. Click topics tab to go to activity (and other topic views). Click the star icon tab to go to your favorites.

Change always takes a bit of time and getting used to. Please give it a shot and I'm sure you'll love it by the end of the week. I've been looking at this redesign for weeks and can't even remember the old layout

#16 7 years ago

I like this new way. Especially one I have not noticed before: "Topics linked to games in my collection."

#17 7 years ago

Favorites being 2 clicks is going to be a pain on mobile. I really liked getting there with one click. I honestly click that more than the front page.

#18 7 years ago

booooooo!

give it back! give it back!

please?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Favorites being 2 clicks is going to be a pain on mobile. I really liked getting there with one click. I honestly click that more than the front page.

Just checked it on mobile, it's still one click. It's just a bit more to the right, the 'star'-icon.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I like this new way. Especially one I have not noticed before: "Topics linked to games in my collection."

Except, I did find a bug. These was option to change how the posts in "topics linked to games on my collection' was sorted. I clicked on that option and am now being told, " Oops, that view does not exist" and I find no way to go backwards; Now, all posts linked to games in my collection have disappeared.

#21 7 years ago

Prefer you change back

The New buttons need to be bigger,

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

Just checked it on mobile, it's still one click. It's just a bit more to the right, the 'star'-icon.

Cool thanks. I actually can't check that because my work building has dead zones for data signals, which is a bummer. I'll look a little later today. I'd still really like that to be on the desktop version as well, but it is what it is I guess.

EDIT: Nevermind, favorites is still there on desktop too. Not sure if it's IE11, or what, but I get what I think are Chinese language characters in place of some buttons on Pinside. I have to hover over them to figure out what they actually are.

Pinside characters (resized).jpgPinside characters (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Not sure if it's IE11, or what, but I get what I think are Chinese language characters in place of some buttons on Pinside. I have to hover over them to figure out what they actually are.

Please hold shift and click your browsers refresh button. Looks like a cache-related issue.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

The New buttons need to be bigger,

Do you mean the icon buttons?

Quoted from cottonm4:

Except, I did find a bug. These was option to change how the posts in "topics linked to games on my collection' was sorted. I clicked on that option and am now being told, " Oops, that view does not exist" and I find no way to go backwards; Now, all posts linked to games in my collection have disappeared.

Thanks for spotting that one! I will fix this asap, I think in your case this happens because you have no wishlist games.

As a workaround you could add Pinside Test machine to your wishlist.

Quoted from desertT1:

Click the star icon for your favorite topics.

fav-topics (resized).pngfav-topics (resized).png

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Please hold shift and click your browsers refresh button. Looks like a cache-related issue.

Do you mean the icon buttons?

Thanks for spotting that one! I will fix this asap, I think in your case this happens because you have no wishlist games.

Tried the shift>refresh just now, still have the characters. So, what star? I'll live. It's fine away from work and I've become used to living with certain things here.

#25 7 years ago

no one likes change, I understand that, but how about you give it a try. I think once you get used to the changes, you will realize they are for the better.

and trust me, I do not like change either... so it wasn't easy for me to type that. LOL

#26 7 years ago

The'Topics' button is the right size, the icon buttons are too small
    The'front' button could be bigger

#27 7 years ago

Just glad to finally have my whole screen back on mobile. Thanks Pinside team !

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

OK, I added a machine to my wishlist and that remedied the problem.

#29 7 years ago

Why take it down? Bring it back please!

#30 7 years ago

Easy workaround for me was just updating my browser shortcut to open to my activity. I'll just click the shortcut on my toolbar instead.

#31 7 years ago

Bring back the old way!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why take it down? Bring it back please!

Quoted from vid1900:

Bring back the old way!

Just hit "topics" and it's right there, what's the beef?

#33 7 years ago

it involves another click

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't like more clicking, especially when my reception is poor in a metal building.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

It's still only one click for me.

If I click the topics tab/button, it still brings me directly to the "topics in which you posted" page.

#36 7 years ago

The topics tab still seems to default to topics you last posted... not an issue for me and fewer elements on mobile is a good thing.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Not for me, because ...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's still only one click for me.
    If I click the topics tab/button, it still brings me directly to the "topics in which you posted" page.

Quoted from merccat:

The topics tab still seems to default to topics you last posted... not an issue for me and fewer elements on mobile is a good thing.

Like that, it goes to what the activity tab used to.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

No beef....I just don't see the need. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

#39 7 years ago

This is getting pinsiders in more of a hissy then a EM selling for 7K

#40 7 years ago

It was damn near perfect before. I would like to politely request the "Activity" tab be brought back to the way it was.
    In fact, being election time & all, let's add a poll & put it to a "vote"!

Added over 7 years ago: Edit: After using the "new" tab for a few days, it's very functional & I'm totally acclimated to it now. It still feels a little "hidden" to me, but it works great.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

It was damn near perfect before. I would like to politely request the "Activity" tab be brought back to the way it was.
    In fact, being election time & all, let's add a poll & put to a "vote"!

+ 1

#42 7 years ago

+2

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

This is getting pinsiders in more of a hissy then a EM selling for 7K

I sold one for more than that and it didn't bother me one bit.

I have adapted to the new system. Nothing more to see here.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

In fact, being election time & all, let's add a poll & put to a "vote"!

I seriously don't understand what you curmudgeons are on about. If you tap on "topics" the default behavior is that of the old "activity" tab, with more options.

#45 7 years ago

Does everybody love the changed location for posts as much as me? Well in honesty I've been wondering where the icons went too, but it is easy enough to navigate there still. I know one other guy that likes the change ... Robin Welll, two supporters marks the beginning of change at least. The other 99.98% grudgingly shuffle their feet and march straight ahead.

#46 7 years ago

im allready used now, but found the previous way better
    but im on a tablet so can't judge about desktop

#47 7 years ago

Please bring the activity tab back

Edit - Looks like the Topics Tab does show the same thing as the Activity tab did.

#48 7 years ago

Hate the new setup. Please bring back the old one. Searching is a key tool, and having to hover over the magnifying glass before typing takes more time and is less easier to use. If nothing else at least reinstate the original search function.

#49 7 years ago

This is not easier lol.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from pocketscience:

Hate the new setup. Please bring back the old one. Searching is a key tool, and having to hover over the magnifying glass before typing takes more time and is less easier to use. If nothing else at least reinstate the original search function.

You can also click the icon to bring you to the search page.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-the-activity-tab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.