(Topic ID: 326419)

What happened to Supreme?

By timab2000

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

35238376-E2B1-4BF3-A6F0-99DF569748E0 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221126-061702_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

What happened to Supreme? Seems like a while back it was a big deal, now nothing.

Just asking....

#2 1 year ago

The pinball? The brand?

They sold a limited amount of rethemed home pins for a lot of money and people bought them and sold them for a lot more.

Seems to be what people so with Supreme branded stuff.

#3 1 year ago

What is there to know? They made around 100 and they’re mostly in Supreme collector collections. They pop up for sale once in a while for big bucks.

#4 1 year ago

So just another fad that came and went.

#5 1 year ago

I personally wouldn’t call supreme a fad… it’s a brand, established almost 30 years ago, still around, still active, a lot of their stuff still demands high prices in the resale market. They made a pin, and a crowbar and a brick… they do weird things. I get how it could be perceived as a fad to people who had never heard of it I suppose… but I think pet rock when I think of a fad.

#6 1 year ago

Hopefully people woke the f”*k up and realized just because you put some red letters on something it does not make it more valuable.

#7 1 year ago

Seems to fit...

Screenshot_20221126-061702_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221126-061702_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago

I’d never heard of Supreme before the pin thing, and haven’t heard of it since…. Seems to fit

#9 1 year ago

I see young people wearing the clothing at times. A status item for some.

#11 1 year ago

Ask 100 kids if they heard of supreme or stern.
    But they were popular 10 years ago when I was still skating, and I remember when they came out but I also skated.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Seems to fit...
    [quoted image]

supreme became popular 28 years ago and is still popular today.just because you hadn’t heard of them or haven’t seen them since doesn’t make it true.

#13 1 year ago

A supreme waste of time.

#14 1 year ago

If you got one, good luck getting your money back. It’s a cold potato.

#15 1 year ago

So what is a Supreme worth today vs when they were first released?

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from roar:

I personally wouldn’t call supreme a fad… it’s a brand, established almost 30 years ago, still around, still active, a lot of their stuff still demands high prices in the resale market. They made a pin, and a crowbar and a brick… they do weird things. I get how it could be perceived as a fad to people who had never heard of it I suppose… but I think pet rock when I think of a fad.

Quoted from roar:

supreme became popular 28 years ago and is still popular today.just because you hadn’t heard of them or haven’t seen them since doesn’t make it true.

Based on these 2 Supreme defending posts I’m willing to bet you have a $7800.00 pair of sweat pants with “Supreme” written across the ass in your 3rd dresser drawer.

#17 1 year ago

Burrito Supreme.

*didn't seem to post the post i was responding to*

#18 1 year ago

I was in line at the tire shop yesterday. Dude with a Supreme jacket was approached by two random guys really excited about it. So I'd say it's still a thing. Fad is not an accurate description of the brand. You won't hear much about the pinball machine simply because there are so few around and they don't pop up for sale often at all.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

If you got one, good luck getting your money back. It’s a cold potato.

Lol they’re trading for over x2 of msrp. They’ve appreciated more than any other modern Stern game.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Lol they’re trading for over x2 of msrp. They’ve appreciated more than any other modern Stern game.

I believe they were $30,000 msrp through supreme

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

They were once selling for way more than x2 msrp. Those are the “suckers” I was referring to.
    Lol!

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I believe they were $30,000 msrp through supreme

It was 10k through the website. Quick flips were 15k-20k.

#24 1 year ago

"There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum

#25 1 year ago

Supreme will always live on in the Spike 2 attract videos.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from roar:

Yes it does. To him. What’re ya, the Supreme being? Huh? HUH?! See what I did there. Made a supreme statement. Ok, ok, I’ll stop. Before you’re supremely disappointed.

#27 1 year ago
    #28 1 year ago
    35238376-E2B1-4BF3-A6F0-99DF569748E0 (resized).jpeg35238376-E2B1-4BF3-A6F0-99DF569748E0 (resized).jpeg
    #29 1 year ago

Are you just getting your Taco Bell tacos without sour cream and tomatoes?

#30 1 year ago

It's skaters getting over on the general population, suckers love to copy, emulate skaters. Look into Stecyk,
    He came up with all these pop culture ideas years ago, first guy to co opt mainstream logos for skate brands.
    Supreme is just a rip off money grab joke on the plebeians.
    B

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Based on these 2 Supreme defending posts I’m willing to bet you have a $7800.00 pair of sweat pants with “Supreme” written across the ass in your 3rd dresser drawer.

How much would you like to wager? I'll admit I was being a little pedantic and could have stepped away after the first defence of Supreme, but the passive aggressive screenshot of an urban dictionary definition just pulled me back in!

#32 1 year ago

Still a big money hype brand. I see some of their silly things sell for big money on a regular basis in different FB groups. The target demo isnt on Pinside. Same for gucci, hermes etc. The difference is high fashion has been silly about pricing for a while whereas Supreme, is repurposed skater flex gear.
    I wouldnt be caught dead in it, or paying $20k / $50k+ for the pin, but it's still a very alive brand.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-supreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.