Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mmr61184
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Blues Mobile (resized).png
    demo-04 (resized).jpg
    drevil (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    vincent-price0101 (resized).jpg
    roof (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have to ask!!!! I took a step back for a little bit maybe a year or more but not too much time. I am trying to figure out what the hell happened to prices. Did game prices blow up in the past year. I am seeing over 7k for TAF and TZ 6k for TOM 5k creature. I don’t rember them being that high. Those are numbers I used to remember paying for MM and AFM. Maybe I lost my mind

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

You must have took a step back longer than a year if you think 5-7K are prices for MM and AFM.

No I remember them more like high 7k up to 10. But the other were not that expensive

#13 6 years ago

The one positive is there are more parts out there now than ever I have been into the hobby for about 10 years or so. I remember when getting a decent game for 2-3k was possible. I guess with all the discretionary income out there people are buying stuff up.

I guess I will never find my creature project pin for a bargain

#17 6 years ago

Should have held onto my HUO CV god only knows what I would get for that today

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

One million dollars...

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

Hi, my name is Supply.
    Hi, my name is Demand.
    Have you seen Bargain lately?
    Yes, but he is hanging out with Scam, so I would avoid him.

Hahah like I said maybe the year or so off took me out of the loop I thought demand was pretty high before

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Demand outweighs supply. And most older games are in collectors hands now.
    So collectors dictate the prices. If you wanna be in the club of owners you need to pay X amount.

Thank god I hung on to all my 1990s b/w games except CV

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

The problem here is what I am finding. So many hobbyists are fixing up or restoring games, so that is resulting in a shortage of project and players pins. One title I am looking for is a players T2. All I find is T2s with a hundred mods and new parts that are priced out of my budget.
    You also have better chances if you can travel further or pay shipping. If you can't or won't, that makes it even more difficult.

Yup and the fact that parts have become so readily available especially repro playfields. Before you had to rely on professional restoration comoanies

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

I've basically found that the prices of the pins you want tend to go up, while the prices on the pins you have tend to go down.

Hahah well put

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Used pinball market is so inflated with regards to price. Only the n00bs to pinball are paying those ridiculous prices. I don't even look to the used market anymore....I'm strictly out there looking for new pins to add to my collection but even the new pinball sector is becoming congested with NIB Pinball machines. It use to just be Stern for NIB Pins....now there are many more companies....Jersy Jack, Chicago Gaming, Circus Maximus, Heighway Pinball, Dutch Pinball, Spooky Pinball, American Pinball.....the list of companies continues to expand and so does the market but I just don't see it continuing on this rocket like climb for much longer....I just don't think there is enough money to keep them all afloat! Only time will tell!

Yeah, I have no interest in the new games even the remakes of the classics. I grew up on the 90s games, and I am not desperate enough to spend north of 5k on banged up or poorly “restored/shopped” games. That I will have to dump another 1500-2000 into. Personally I like restoring games as much as I like to play them.

I get it it’s a supply and demand market I am in the finance business I know how it works I just couldn’t believe how much has changed since I stopped paying much attention. I wish I had the room to buy up and horde games back then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-prices?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.