(Topic ID: 116486)

What Happened to Pinbits???

By QuarterGrabber

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

theres_a_thought-563.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Pinbits used to be on the ball with plastic sets and mods for new releases almost immediately. But they haven't produced anything for a new title since Star Trek. I was really looking forward to a TWD LE plastic protector set but I don't know if pinbits is still in business and making new products or just selling off their inventory right now. Anyone know what's going on with Pinbits?

#2 9 years ago

I just ordered their ACDC thunderbolts. They arrived in two days, can't complain with that.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I just ordered their ACDC thunderbolts. They arrived in two days, can't complain with that.

Their service is excellent, no doubt. I was just wondering if they were going to keep making new products?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Their service is excellent, no doubt. I was just wondering if they were going to keep making new products?

I personally dont think that their service is great. I had an issue with a protector set and went on here asking if others had issues with holes lining up or if it was just me. I didnt complain about the product or even the service at that point, just was wondering if i had done something wrong.

After making the post, i was contacted directly from pinbits and was offered a replacement set. I thought wow, what great service, that i hadnt even complained to them and they were going above and beyone to help me out. They ask for my address and after some time and not receiving the replacemtn, I contact them and once again told that they are replacing it. That was 6 or so months ago, I never did get anything from them

So by contacting me and offering something that i had not asked for, but then not following through with it, they lost me as a customer. Not because of their product, I would have ordered again from them had they not have even offered a replacement. But not sticking to their word when they offered the replacement was what lost me. In fact, just two weeks ago i needed to rivet a flap on a ramp, i searched on here for reccomendations for how to rivet the flap on, many suggested the pressless rivet kit, but once i seen that it was through pinbits, i decided to just mail my ramps to a friend and have him do them. Shipping cost me more than the kit would have cost, but i just couldnt send my money to a company that doesnt stand behind its word

here is the thread that i started
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-protector-set-issues-with-fit-and-size

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I personally dont think that their service is great. I had an issue with a protector set and went on here asking if others had issues with holes lining up or if it was just me. I didnt complain about the product or even the service at that point, just was wondering if i had done something wrong.
    After making the post, i was contacted directly from pinbits and was offered a replacement set. I thought wow, what great service, that i hadnt even complained to them and they were going above and beyone to help me out. They ask for my address and after some time and not receiving the replacemtn, I contact them and once again told that they are replacing it. That was 6 or so months ago, I never did get anything from them
    So by contacting me and offering something that i had not asked for, but then not following through with it, they lost me as a customer. Not because of their product, I would have ordered again from them had they not have even offered a replacement. But not sticking to their word when they offered the replacement was what lost me. In fact, just two weeks ago i needed to rivet a flap on a ramp, i searched on here for reccomendations for how to rivet the flap on, many suggested the pressless rivet kit, but once i seen that it was through pinbits, i decided to just mail my ramps to a friend and have him do them. Shipping cost me more than the kit would have cost, but i just couldnt send my money to a company that doesnt stand behind its word

I incorrectly installed my Eli's ramp kit, it was completely my fault. But Martin sent out a brand new set of fibre optic cables out of his own pocket even though I was the one that messed up the install. They have been great to me over the years. Martin does get really busy, maybe he just got too busy and forgot about it.

#6 9 years ago

Personally have found they go above and beyond on the service front.

#7 9 years ago

Ya they always go above and beyond. They rock!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Anyone know what's going on with Pinbits?

theres_a_thought-563.jpgtheres_a_thought-563.jpg

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

theres_a_thought-563.jpg 18 KB

Lol, I didn't want to bug them.

#11 9 years ago

I have always had good service from Pinbits. I know when I was getting a plastic protector set for my Spider-Man I asked to get 2 different protector sets they sold, combined....so I would have all the protectors available. When I got them...evidently 2 of the pieces that were from different sets didn't sit so well together. One overlapped the other a bit.

I contacted Pinbits and Martin got right back with me. He asked if I could send him a good picture of them installed. I did and a couple of weeks later he had me 2 newly shaped protectors that fit right together. He also thanked me for pointing the issue out to him and helping him to get it resolved before it effected others.

I can also say as a "parts" seller myself...if there is a problem with a product or a question about a product or inventory, I would much rather have someone ask me than to throw it out to the group...hoping someone else can help or that I will see the thread and help out. I know getting help from the group or voicing an issue as a review is an instinctual thing to do when you are on Pinside alot....and I have done that before in the past. I now see the quickest, easiest and most hassle free way to get your questions answered is to usually just ask the source.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I have always had good service from Pinbits. I know when I was getting a plastic protector set for my Spider-Man I asked to get 2 different protector sets they sold, combined....so I would have all the protectors available. When I got them...evidently 2 of the pieces that were from different sets didn't sit so well together. One overlapped the other a bit.
    I contacted Pinbits and Martin got right back with me. He asked if I could send him a good picture of them installed. I did and a couple of weeks later he had me 2 newly shaped protectors that fit right together. He also thanked me for pointing the issue out to him and helping him to get it resolved before it effected others.
    I can also say as a "parts" seller myself...if there is a problem with a product or a question about a product or inventory, I would much rather have someone ask me than to throw it out to the group...hoping someone else can help or that I will see the thread and help out. I know getting help from the group or voicing an issue as a review is an instinctual thing to do when you are on Pinside alot....and I have done that before in the past. I now see the quickest, easiest and most hassle free way to get your questions answered is to usually just ask the source.

You are right, I will ask them. Thanks for the tip.

#13 9 years ago

Great service just this week. Pam is great!!!!

#14 9 years ago

Pam is great. I've had VERY few if not just 1 issue. Received a plastic protector set and couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong.... it was the wrong set! Pam sent me the correct set immediately and asked me to please keep the other for my trouble. Always fast shipping and unique parts.

It happens to all sellers. Terry at Pinball Life did the same thing with a decal set and replaced it just as above.

NO complaints.

#15 9 years ago

We're here.

A few new plastic protector products on the way shortly.

JM; TWD; JD; Playboy plastic protectors.

Metallica outlanes are up.
    Wizard of Oz outlanes are up, dress parts to follow.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from PamPinbits:

We're here.
    A few new plastic protector products on the way shortly.
    JM; TWD; JD; Playboy plastic protectors.
    Metallica outlanes are up.
    Wizard of Oz outlanes are up, dress parts to follow.

Is it possible to take a picture of the WOZ outlane plastics from the top to get a better view of what they look like? Also it says they are out of stock.

#17 9 years ago

great to hear. the way the ball flies around on TWD:LE I definitely need protector set. been waiting for it as I put them on all my games.

#18 9 years ago

Great service, good products. After seeing an incorrect installation of their product on a pinside post of mine, they contacted me. It turned out I was missing a small piece. They mailed me an entire new set for free, unrequested.

#19 9 years ago

Great service, great people - Pam & Martin, great parts, great company "."

#20 9 years ago

I love me some Pinbits! Great products, always a pleasure to order from...

#21 9 years ago

Damn, this thread just cost me $30.00
    But at least I know some pinball goodness is on it's way.

#22 9 years ago

Hi Pam,

I've sent a couple of emails to you at Pinbits, but haven't heard back. Do you expect to have the TZ trough eddy sensor boards back in stock? My TZ no longer detects that Power Ball at the trough, and your design set looks superior to the original WMS board set.

Thanks, Nate

#23 9 years ago

Ditto on e-mails to Pinbits - I inquired about the Indiana Jones speaker panel listed on their site but have not received a response.

#24 9 years ago

I can't say enough about these guys - I had an issue with my LOTR Pal chip trying to get the LE in the non le… While a small percentage of us were effected, pam did some dark voodoo and sent out 3 chips all reprogramed for what theories they had… I will never forget the support they gave and it WORKED!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

Ditto on e-mails to Pinbits - I inquired about the Indiana Jones speaker panel listed on their site but have not received a response.

Me too. I emailed about a sling protector problem. Never heard back and gave up. Shame, because the first time I got stuff from them the customer service was excellent.

#26 9 years ago

They have always provided great customer service for me.

#27 9 years ago

Pam is a awesome lady. Their products are awesome and so is their customer service. And they don't overcharge for shipping.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nate:

Hi Pam,
    I've sent a couple of emails to you at Pinbits, but haven't heard back. Do you expect to have the TZ trough eddy sensor boards back in stock? My TZ no longer detects that Power Ball at the trough, and your design set looks superior to the original WMS board set.
    Thanks, Nate

http://ksarcade.net/proximity-board-set-for-twilight-zone.html

#29 9 years ago

I have nothing but good things to say about Pam and Martin at Pinbits. I have purchased many mods and repair items, top quality, well designed, they ship quickly, and have been very helpful with customer service. They have even called me when a question about and order came up and have been good about answering e-mail questions. I especially like the photos and write ups on mod installations. I hope they continue to support the pinball community with innovative products..

#30 9 years ago

Glad to see Pam responded on here.

#31 9 years ago

If you are looking to get plastics made for a machine you might want to talk to IndyPinhead. Someone would need to loan him a set of plastics, but the guy has the ability to make them provided there is a demand.

#32 9 years ago

Pinbits rock! Always great service and fast shipping (even overseas).

#33 9 years ago

Always great service from Pinbits, and I have talked to Pam on the phone a few times > great lady, great company & awesome customer service....

#34 9 years ago

Pam, Martin, PinBits, the epitome of good business and good people. If every business was as good at what they do as they are, well, it'd be a great thing.

Sure things can slip through the cracks when things get busy and hectic, but they'll come through with flying colors, and great products.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Pam, Martin, PinBits, the epitome of good business and good people. If every business was as good at what they do as they are, well, it'd be a great thing.

Yeah, this! ^^^^^

#36 9 years ago

Pinbits is great. Incredible service. And from an international buyer that is high praise especially after dealing with MAD. Thanks Pam and PinBits.

#37 9 years ago

I was in desperate need of the CV ball stop near the ringmaster and the ringmaster guard and Pinbits were out of both pieces for maybe a month. I would email weekly asking for updates, I was a pain in the rear.

A week or so before Christmas 2010 I wrote to Pam and explained I was desperate and willing to pay $100 (double the price) for both pieces if it could help speed up the process. Pam made them immediately and sent them in the mail via Priority the next day and wouldn't' take ANY money. She said Merry Christmas from Santa. I don't think I ever shared this as I didn't want a flood of people contacting them asking for Christmas Gifts. LOL

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from hardware:

I was in desperate need of the CV ball stop near the ringmaster and the ringmaster guard and Pinbits were out of both pieces for maybe a month. I would email weekly asking for updates, I was a pain in the rear.
    A week or so before Christmas 2010 I wrote to Pam and explained I was desperate and willing to pay $100 (double the price) for both pieces if it could help speed up the process. Pam made them immediately and sent them in the mail via Priority the next day and wouldn't' take ANY money. She said Merry Christmas from Santa. I don't think I ever shared this as I didn't want a flood of people contacting them asking for Christmas Gifts. LOL

Awesome story, thanks for sharing. They're good people.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-pinbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.