(Topic ID: 85815)

What happened to Heighway? NOTHING! :) Full steam ahead!!

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by horseypin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Are these guys still moving forward with "Full Throttle"? They aren't at TPF are they? It seems like all news from these guys stopped 5 or 6 months ago, no?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

At Expo they said their game was done, missed bringing the final version to Expo by a week, then they were supposed to show it in January at the show in London. They no-showed and then no news since? I am very interested in their game but this is concerning for certain.

Agreed, just seems odd. I thought mabye someone on here knew something? Hopefully they're just working out some final small issues.

#13 10 years ago

That's fantastic news Andrew, thanks for chiming in and congrats! I was just concerned that some "show stopper" had come up but glad to hear things are moving forward! Looking forward to seeing the final game and any upcoming news.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

However, when it comes to the HOME collector market, the conversion concept may actually work as they will only need to purchase the initial host cabinet, and then "collect" the follow up titles which can be easily stored and swapped out when they tire of the current game.

It would be an interesting poll to see how many home collectors would like this concept. It might be fairly split? It seems there are those who just want to play as many games as possible (and could care less about the condition of the game itself) and might love this concept. Then there are those who truly enjoy collecting and want 1-of-a-kind pieces of artwork (an edition of a particular title) and condition matters. I fall into the latter group. I hate the idea of switching out games (which is one reason I'm turned off by P3). I want 1 game ... a single piece of artwork to collect. I'm crazy like that I guess but that's what I find sexy about pinball. Each game is unique to the period .. a reflection of pop culture ... and every game is limited in production (some more than others.) It's also one more reason I'm turned off by Virtua Pin (it's like a photograph of the Mona Lisa.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-heighway?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.