pasted_image (resized).png
dig052786.pdf (PDF preview)
dig120784.pdf (PDF preview)
volume50.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Very interesting. Would the CEO still be alive? If so, I doubt he is hiding anymore and might be easy to track down.

#19 7 years ago

So now that you know the owners, you would need to look in federal bankruptcy court filings for a disposition. If you have an account set up with PACER, you can research the federal court cases, but it would depend on how far back the online cases go in Illinois. I know the courts have been trying to get all of the old cases into the electronic system, but sadly the emphasis is different in each district, so it is a crap shoot as to whether it will be there. I can try and look tomorrow if you so desire.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, I do not have a PACER account.

All it takes is a credit card...lol... I will take a look today

I could swear AES existed in the slot machine market past the time of Game Plan closing, so maybe it was purchased by someone else.

#27 7 years ago

No bankruptcy in the electronic database for Goldboss or Game Plan for that matter, so maybe AES paid off the creditors? I can't imagine someone not going after the assets that were supposedly pilfered, but I guess it was a different time. That whole story sounds pretty much like an urban legend, and I doubt it is true. Most likely, management was taking assets out of the building before operations were shut down.

I did see where AES filed Bankruptcy in 1988 and the case was settled in 1991, but the records are not electronic. So assuming AES still owned the IP to GamePlan, that disposition might be the key. But as I said, the records are not electronic and would have to be researched by hand at the Federal Building in Chicago.

There was also a federal civil suit filed against Goldboss and several other defendants in 1991 under the Securities and Exchange Act, but that shows a disposition of "Dismissed/Settled", and the records are too old to be pulled up as well.

I assume you already saw this thread from 3 years ago?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-am-i-obsessed-with-gameplan

You will notice PinDoctor sold Goldboss a bunch of boards for machines he was restoring, so maybe he still has some stuff?

#30 7 years ago

Yea, I revised my statement after I went back and read what you said about AES being a parent. I also sent you a PM. I can send you contact info for the law firm that handled the case if you want to call them.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

how have you not brought in TheBlackKnight?
Surely he can correct all of you...

We are saving that for a last resort. We do not want to abuse the power! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.98
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-game-plan?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.