Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stoogeseyepolk.gif
    Bitchaway_spray!.jpg
    1114200975356AM_LegendaryTrap.jpg
    image.jpg
    220px-Cage_dancer_in_pink.jpg
    obama-beer-thumbs-up.jpg
    2724907453_431bb281a4_z.jpg
    where_s_gambit.jpg
    where_s-Waldo-stadium_crowd.jpg
    derailed-train_wreck.jpg
    WazooBar.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    kazoo-details.gif
    metal_kazoo.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dark-Helmet-300x227.jpg
    There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 10 years ago

Words really do mean something. sosage, I agree, I was very careful when I chose my words "dude that says it how he sees it" with regard to my thoughts on gambit. This is a far cry from "telling it like it is", if it would have been the latter, I would have joined in with the discussion. It's okay if some don't get it now, some day they might.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Not a single locked thread on page 1 today... First time that's happened in what, years?
    Maybe some people are too sensitive?

Things do appear better since Robin's purging. Though it seems like people are just on better behavior, not because the few who were banned were the ones causing all of the problems. Hopefully this will continue.

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Words really do mean something. sosage, I agree, I was very careful when I chose my words "dude that says it how he sees it" with regard to my thoughts on gambit. This is a far cry from "telling it like it is", if it would have been the latter, I would have joined in with the discussion. It's okay if some don't get it now, some day they might.

I'm sorry if it came off like I was jabbing at you personally/specifically. I've just been hearing that saying a lot lately and got a little snarky about it.

#204 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Not a single locked thread on page 1 today... First time that's happened in what, years?

The only real big fighting going on right now is in the Bumper Amusements thread. I think it might get overlooked because it's taking place out of prime time and far away. (I like to read it in the early afternoon and catch up on things. It's like checking Olympic results)

#205 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

The only real big fighting going on right now is in the Bumper Amusements thread. I think it might get overlooked because it's taking place out of prime time and far away. (I like to read it in the early afternoon and catch up on things. It's like checking Olympic results)

It also doesn't have WOZ in the title.

#206 10 years ago

It just proves that we can do as good a job of moderating ourselves if we want to. In this "want it now" society, it takes longer to think things out logically, most shoot from the hip with their posts and hope they hit the target. A discussion stops when someone looses the ability to reason, then you get an argument fueled by frustration, which there can be no reconciliation in most cases.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Things do appear better since Robin's purging. Though it seems like people are just on better behavior, not because the few who were banned were the ones causing all of the problems.

#207 10 years ago

No problem and I agree with you, it gave me a chance to clarify my post from earlier so I took it. Hey! Where's my poster? LOL

Quoted from sosage:

I'm sorry if it came off like I was jabbing at you personally/specifically. I've just been hearing that saying a lot lately and got a little snarky about it.

#208 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

That's for sure. It doesn't seem to have become a WOZ battle just yet. Right now they are beating up Noodlebox pretty good down there. (That's a strange thing to type)

#209 10 years ago
    Microsoft_WORD!.jpgMicrosoft_WORD!.jpg

#212 10 years ago

Awww.

#213 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Is that when you wonder WOZ-up ???

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Is there a way to bring up a list of only locked threads? That would make for hours of good reading.

#215 10 years ago

lmfao

Quoted from cal50:Is that when you wonder WOZ-up ???

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Is there a way to bring up a list of only locked threads? That would make for hours of good reading.

Yes, right here

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/jersey-jack-pinball

Disclaimer: If that upsets someone, they are being too sensitive.

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Disclaimer: If that upsets someone, they are being too sensitive.

What did you mean by that??? It's Ban Hammer Time!

#218 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yes, right here.

Now THAT was funny.

#219 10 years ago

I'm normally confused, even more now

#220 10 years ago

I'm normally confused, even more now

confused.jpgconfused.jpg

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Yep, and when/if your time comes, I *might* post something similar about you too. (or not )
    Steve

Um, actually my time did come. But you know that.

#222 10 years ago

I see that Gambit is still in the top 10 in Pinside Forum Fanatics section at 90 posts.

Man, ...he's been temporarily retired for like 3 or 4 days now, and he's still near the top in number of posts and thumbs-up count.

Perhaps we need to put a temporary ban on Gambit and o-din for a few days each week, just to "keep it fair".

#223 10 years ago

Must be a Thumbs up leader for a reason, right?

What did gambit do wrong? Challenging false statements? Expressing his opinion on a subject matter? If I missed something, sorry.

disclaimer: have never met or talked to the guy.

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Must be a Thumbs up leader for a reason, right?
    What did gambit do wrong? Challenging false statements? Expressing his opinion on a subject matter? If I missed something, sorry.
    disclaimer: have never met or talked to the guy.

Post tag issues I think...Robin cleaned house on those using it to stir the pot...or be really funny.

#225 10 years ago

missed the whole "tag" thing........

#226 10 years ago

I've noticed several people adding "disclaimers" to their posts since Robin shuffled the deck.
    Quite amusing.
    I included one myself in another thread in the last day or two.

I predict we may see some good disclaimers going forward.

#227 10 years ago

I'm not sure I agree with everything said by everyone who posts here.

Disclaimer: I'm not always correct

#228 10 years ago

its because his avatar is so pissed

#229 10 years ago

your it

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Perhaps we need to put a temporary ban on Gambit and o-din for a few days each week, just to "keep it fair".

Odin has over 200 posts in the last 7 days. That's nearly 30 posts a day!

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Gambit should get a reprieve if only for his "Jack could fart in an elevator and Lloyd would thank him" line.

One of the most epic lines in Pinside history.

#JusticeforGambit3113

#232 10 years ago

1) No idea why Gambit was banned. Surprised.
    2) Too damn lazy search and find out.
    3) Better play some pinball...

#233 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Perhaps we need to put a temporary ban on Gambit and o-din for a few days each week,

Quoted from gweempose:

Odin has over 200 posts in the last 7 days. That's nearly 30 posts a day!

I'll gladly trade places with Gambit for a while. After all, I've got pinball machines to wax.

#235 10 years ago

Really?!?

#236 10 years ago

Say what you will about FamilyArcade but he tells it like it is.

#237 10 years ago

Is gambit back? I see no other reason to bump an old thread with a blank post.

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Say what you will about FamilyArcade but he tells it like it is.

There is no spoon!

#239 10 years ago

But what if there was?

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

But what if there was?

Id have stuck it up someones wazoo already...

#241 10 years ago

What is a wazoo?

#242 10 years ago

Magneto would kick your a**....

magneto-kid-spoons-magnetism-xmen-1337.jpgmagneto-kid-spoons-magnetism-xmen-1337.jpg

#243 10 years ago

I just found G.........

caption-this-funny-pictures-6407236504.jpgcaption-this-funny-pictures-6407236504.jpg

#244 10 years ago

I'm going to say pancake syrup is holding those on

#245 10 years ago

What is a wazoo?

Look in the mirror!!!!! OH, I cant believe you fell for that one, its oldest trick in the book

Dark-Helmet-300x227.jpgDark-Helmet-300x227.jpg

#246 10 years ago

Words cannot express my feelings of centerflank returning, this sums it up though...

#247 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll gladly trade places with Gambit for a while. After all, I've got pinball machines to wax.

I still think you are going to cross the 100k karma thresh hold before me. With that lead I had (50k or something like that) I am simply shocked. LOL

#249 10 years ago

Magneto would kick your a**....

Magneto is no match for the mighty Optimus prime!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#250 10 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Words cannot express my feelings of centerflank returning, this sums it up though...
    » YouTube video

Do I thumb that post up or down? Im confused, what say you Family?

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-gambit3113/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.