Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stoogeseyepolk.gif
    Bitchaway_spray!.jpg
    1114200975356AM_LegendaryTrap.jpg
    image.jpg
    220px-Cage_dancer_in_pink.jpg
    obama-beer-thumbs-up.jpg
    2724907453_431bb281a4_z.jpg
    where_s_gambit.jpg
    where_s-Waldo-stadium_crowd.jpg
    derailed-train_wreck.jpg
    WazooBar.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    kazoo-details.gif
    metal_kazoo.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dark-Helmet-300x227.jpg
    There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 10 years ago

I just noticed next to his name it says retired? Just mean his account has been deleted I assume?

#2 10 years ago

Temp ban. He's on RGP now, or 'Pinball Purgatory'

#3 10 years ago

Check Robin's sticky thread.

#4 10 years ago

#5 10 years ago

Banned for no good reason.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I just noticed next to his name it says retired? Just mean his account has been deleted I assume?

A few others as well, I noticed. I'm glad to see I'm not with them. I've made a few 'tags' and postings myself that were alcohol induced but were all in fun.

I'm going to try and watch what I say a little better now.

#7 10 years ago

There's still some derision spilling from leftover folks but I don't have any doubt that will be rectified.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Banned for no good reason.

It does seem to me that childish OT posts are still allowed.

#9 10 years ago

The start of a peaceful, more friendly Pinside is a welcome site. Pun intended.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

There's still some derision spilling from leftover folks but I don't have any doubt that will be rectified.

You mean you're going to be banned too?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

You mean you're going to be banned too?

No Erik. I don't break the rules around here. I actually contribute

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not Eric, I'm just someone that notices that you do post useful information, but you also most certainly contribute to the "derision" that you referred to earlier.

Perhaps a little more self awareness is in order?

#13 10 years ago

It does seem to be true Pinchroma. Although you have been very useful to our hobby and I thank you for all your selfless efforts.

It's just internet fluff anyways, right? Anyone can be a 'keyboard commando' I guess, and aggravate even the mildest of mannered people. It's all good.

#14 10 years ago

Any time I post in any fashion that is argumentative its to try to stop the purposeful negativity and lies surrounding projects I am involved in. I don't post in most threads unless I have something positive to contribute. You won't see anything pointedly nasty from me "just for the hell of it" like you will see from certain folks. That's not my style. There is funny sarcasm and there is nasty sarcasm which are easy to distinguish if you aren't the one who constantly deals in the latter.

And UL you are right, keyboard commando's crack me up

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Any time I post in any fashion that is argumentative its to try to stop the purposeful negativity and lies surrounding projects I am involved in. I don't post in most threads unless I have something positive to contribute. You won't see anything pointedly nasty from me "just for the hell of it" like you will see from certain folks. That's not my style. There is funny sarcasm and there is nasty sarcasm which are easy to distinguish if you aren't the one who constantly deals in the latter.
    And UL you are right, keyboard commando's crack me up

Alex you do seem to argue in almost every thread & it's not just with those banned, not even close.

You just admitted to it but justified it with a "he did it first"

Take the high road since you work for a pinball manufacturer

Quoted from Pinchroma:

See, this is what I'm taking about.

Even now you are fishing for drama!

If you still have issues tomorrow it's no ones fault but your own.

Why are you in this thread? Are you contributing something positive?

#16 10 years ago

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But considering you felt the need to respond to it I think it hit home.

It also proved a point quite a few of us were trying to make.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But considering you felt the need to respond to it I think it hit home.
    It also proved a point quite a few of us were trying to make.

What are you contributing right now?

What is your motive in this thread?

#18 10 years ago

^ Exactly. Alex, how do you claim you don't get involved in negativity then you go and post something like " There's still some derision spilling from leftover folks but I don't have any doubt that will be rectified" as to infer that more bans are coming as though you know who these people will be?

How is this helpful or positive? How does it not contribute to the derision that you were complaining about?

I've just got to stop posting in these types of threads.

(In before someone posts "promise?"!)

#19 10 years ago

Can someone help me with some information, although I guess it does'nt matter now but what is a " tag" and how or why is it used?

#20 10 years ago

I have no idea who will be banned except for some that are/were obvious. But I've seen the responses to the bans as I'm sure you guys have and they are overwhelmingly positive. The only ones who aren't at least somewhat happy about it are the same one who werent banned yet are over on rgp talking about "shitside", ted's "influence", and people who fellate the mods.

And derision means mocking or "mockery" aka smartasses.

Sorry but I mocked no one.

#21 10 years ago

Who is noone and why did you mock him?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Can someone help me with some information, although I guess it does'nt matter now but what is a " tag" and how or why is it used?

Up at the top of each thread where there is the box to link a game to the thread. There was another box to add tags, a word or phrase to help link to that thread when a search was done. Many were using it to add humor to the thread, usually on the off topic threads. It got out of hand and Robin removed the feature.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Who is noone and why did you mock him?

Lol ill make that account so I can mock myself .

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

what is a " tag" and how or why is it used?

"Tags" on here were single words or phrases that could be attached to posts. You could tag a post with something like "hack" or "repair" or whatever. Similar to linking a post to a game, except you could make the tag whatever you wanted to. It was usefull for searching, and some very funny tags got made. Apparently there were also some offensive ones.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Up at the top of each thread where there is the box to link a game to the thread. There was another box to add tags, a word or phrase to help link to that thread when a search was done. Many were using it to add humor to the thread, usually on the off topic threads. It got out of hand and Robin removed the feature.

Quoted from RCA1:

"Tags" on here were single words or phrases that could be attached to posts. You could tag a post with something like "hack" or "repair" or whatever. Similar to linking a post to a game, except you could make the tag whatever you wanted to. It was usefull for searching, and some very funny tags got made. Apparently there were also some offensive ones.

Thank you

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have no idea who will be banned except for some that are/were obvious. But I've seen the responses to the bans as I'm sure you guys have and they are overwhelmingly positive. The only ones who aren't at least somewhat happy about it are the same one who werent banned yet are over on rgp talking about "shitside", ted's "influence", and people who fellate the mods.
    And derision means mocking or "mockery" aka smartasses.
    Sorry but I mocked no one.

Of course you did!

Pay attention Alex. Expletive was right, you need to be more self aware. You called him Erik! How is that not mocking someone?!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Of course you did!
    Pay attention Alex. Expletive was right, you need to be more self aware. You called him Erik! How is that not mocking someone?!

Akuma zeto said he was Erik. That's the only reason I called him that? Search it out. You will find the post.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Akuma zeto said he was Erik. That's the only reason I called him that? Search it out. You will find the post.

Yes, he did. That doesn't mean he was right.

#30 10 years ago

Perhaps Gambit gets carried away sometimes, but many of his comments are on track,
    and he throws in some funny ones too.

Do the math, see for yourself. He must be doing something right.

As of Sun night Aug 4th, 2013:

Most Thumbs Up:
    Gambit, 165, <-- highest of the past 7 days

Forum Fanatics (most Pinside Forum posts the past 7 days):
    Gambit, 104, <-- 7th place

ThumbsUp per post = 165 / 104 = 1.5865

That's a better ratio than spfx and Pinchroma currently have.
    Not bashing these guys, just sayin, look at the numbers.

#31 10 years ago

I go to Pinball-is-great for all my pinside stats!

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I go to Pinball-is-great for all my pinside stats!

OMG it's an Erik

Get him!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't post in most threads unless I have something positive to contribute.

I know you post very often here and it would be hard for you to review all your posts but maybe you should because then you could see all your negative posts and you'd realize this statement is not true at all .

#35 10 years ago

Oy, here we go again. If I, or Pinchroma, had all "our buddies" thumb up the dopey crap, we could have higher numbers too. As the "cleaning" continues, we will have less and less of this kind of stuff. Robin reads this stuff and can see what's going on.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Oy, here we go again. If I, or Pinchroma, had all "our buddies" thumb up the dopey crap, we could have higher numbers too. As the "cleaning" continues, we will have less and less of this kind of stuff. Robin reads this stuff and can see what's going on.

Indeed, here we go again.

Not sure what you want Pinside to be?

25 dudes with a WOZ preorder?

Folks are speaking up & it's quite civil

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Folks are speaking up & it's quite civil

You can't see the direction it's going? Read again....

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex,
    Not attacking you, just pointing out a couple of examples of what these guys might be talking about.

1) Look at TomG's thread for his August 17th party. It's a great party that those of us in WI look forward to. You showed up and took that thread completely off the rails. All kinds of technical computer talk that none of us care about.

2) Look at topics started by you. Look at the percentage of them that are OT. Part of what Robin is expressing is that he wants this site to be about pinball.

Just as you and others dislike certain threads and topics, others are annoyed by different things. Difference is we just mind our own business and move on until we can't help ourselves anymore. Same thing with Ted's gifs. I live in the country and have slow internet and a limited data plan on my cell. I would rather that those weren't there either.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Perhaps Gambit gets carried away sometimes, but many of his comments are on track,
    and he throws in some funny ones too.
    Do the math, see for yourself. He must be doing something right.
    As of Sun night Aug 4th, 2013:
    Most Thumbs Up:
    Gambit, 165, <-- highest of the past 7 days
    Forum Fanatics (most Pinside Forum posts the past 7 days):
    Gambit, 104, <-- 7th place
    ThumbsUp per post = 165 / 104 = 1.5865
    That's a better ratio than spfx and Pinchroma currently have.
    Not bashing these guys, just sayin, look at the numbers.

I don't give a rip about thumbs up! Mine or anyone Else's. I think they are part of the problem people trying to one up each other to see who can get the most. They don't matter! They never did and they never will. JMHO

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I read pin chroma getting defensive as he does, and then laughing it off and then normal back and forth finished by your poking. If you want to see everything as infringing on your perspective then we are all in the crapper as we don't see the world through your eyes.
    Personally I like the gifs and what you add. I was blown away by the stance you took in the diatribe seeing as I believe in viewing all points on these discussions.
    probably won't matter as I am sure to be on the short list. Despite its flaws I have met many great pinsiders and we have played the hell out of some pinball. Pinside has made that possible and thats pretty cool.

#41 10 years ago

Snack time.

th-14.jpegth-14.jpeg

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Everything heads this direction eventually , You got a group of people with one common interest (pinball) Plenty of other stuff to disagree on and argue about . I thought the ignore feature here was great , If you disagree with what a certain pinsider is saying then you just ignore them . I guess people did not use this option and let people get to them . Banning people is not any kind of solution , It may solve one problem but it will create more in its wake .

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If you want to see everything as infringing on your perspective then we are all in the crapper as we don't see the world through your eyes.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm only speaking about the OBVIOUSLY nasty attacks. Respect is what's lacking. Just go look at the shitshow about this site on RGP...then you tell me...

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Banning people is not any kind of solution , It may solve one problem but it will create more in its wake .

I don't believe that and I think things are getting better already. And will continue to do so...

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don't give a rip about thumbs up! Mine or anyone Else's. I think they are part of the problem people trying to one up each other to see who can get the most. They don't matter! They never did and they never will. JMHO

Hmmmm, not sure if folks are giving you a thumbs up out of defiance or agreement lol

Quoted from spfxted:

Usually when folks worry they take little problems, turn them into big stresses & often they never even happen

Smoke a cigar & relax Ted, I shared a few with friends today.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Smoke a cigar & relax Ted, I shared a few with friends today.

Just did that! A nice Fuente. See, it's easy to agree....

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm only speaking about the OBVIOUSLY nasty attacks. Respect is what's lacking. Just go look at the shitshow about this site on RGP...then you tell me...

Can I pop a small bag or will I need the big double feature bucket and some Bon Bons?

#48 10 years ago

Yes! The whole store...

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

You replied to something I posted and called me out by my first name (Jeff). It's a personal touch especially since I am pretty sure I never used my name on pinside. I am not a ghost on the net but name dropping people you do not know is tacky.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Alex,
    Not attacking you, just pointing out a couple of examples of what these guys might be talking about.
    1) Look at TomG's thread for his August 17th party. It's a great party that those of us in WI look forward to. You showed up and took that thread completely off the rails. All kinds of technical computer talk that none of us care about.
    2) Look at topics started by you. Look at the percentage of them that are OT. Part of what Robin is expressing is that he wants this site to be about pinball.
    Just as you and others dislike certain threads and topics, others are annoyed by different things. Difference is we just mind our own business and move on until we can't help ourselves anymore. Same thing with Ted's gifs. I live in the country and have slow internet and a limited data plan on my cell. I would rather that those weren't there either.

Anytime I post a thread that OT i put it in the off topic forum where it belongs. And that's not a predominant amount. Maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks when I find something funny I figure other folks will laugh at.

I answered someone's questions I believe in that thread which was computer related and someone I forget who and I chatted back and forth about computer stuff. Wasn't meant to derail anything. I don't make that a habit. I actually spoke to Tom on the phone last night and he didn't mention it? I would have apologized as I wasn't trying to derail a thread with any kind of diatribe. Just chatting with another geek and went off on a tangent but it wasn't any type of bickering or anything? Just a friendly quick back and forth with another pinsider that I think was maybe 4 or 5 posts in total?

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.