New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 132479)

what happened to Experts of Dangerous?

By Star_Gazer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

epert.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Came across this machine, reminded me of the Experts of Dangerous pinball, looks like there is even a "robot" Jamie, on the backglass! but all is now cancelled right?

epert.JPG

#2 5 years ago

I am pretty sure that Kulek's legal woes will prevent him from ever creating a pinball machine.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I am pretty sure that Kulek's legal woes will prevent him from ever creating a pinball machine.

Along with many other things.

#4 5 years ago

too bad,awesome theme

#5 5 years ago

I wonder if he ever had the license for that one. It seems like it was never really mentioned again besides the initial announcement.

#6 5 years ago

I dont think there was much interest in the mythbusters pin before the Predator problems, dont think anyone would buy it from shit-b now. I think I remember seeing pics of a working test game.

#7 5 years ago

Another Pinsider summed it up best. "EOD was DOA upon announcement." Horrible, horrible theme with even more horrible art

I was almost stupid enough to stay in on Predator just so I could get a chance at Shit-B pin #2. That was before #2 was announced.

#8 5 years ago

I remember the huge line for the EOD giveaway at CA Extreme last year. Technically an I.O.U. giveaway. I'm really glad I didn't wait in that line.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I wonder if he ever had the license for that one. It seems like it was never really mentioned again besides the initial announcement.

Believe-it-or-not, Skit-B actually had a license to produce EOD. After talking with Jamie (of Mythbusters fame) last week, I asked him about the Predator fiasco and if/how it affected EOD. Paraphrasing, he confirmed they had a contract with Skit-B, but had not heard from them in a while to know the situation was but it seemed like there may not be pinball machines in the long run. Since he wasn't aware of a lot of the Predator details, I filled him in and he was genuinely bummed they may not get made.

The good news for Predator owners is they reportedly didn't receive a big licensing fee (as frequently speculated) and instead were to be compensated a percentage if/when the machines actually were made and sold. So the license was legit, and there may be more recoverable revenue in the pot than previously assumed spent.

I suggested that if it does fall through they should just make their own pinball episode like Ben Heck and threw out some ideas which was good for a laugh, so you never know

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Came across this machine, reminded me of the Experts of Dangerous pinball, looks like there is even a "robot" Jamie, on the backglass! but all is now cancelled right?
epert.JPG

I am pretty sure Kevin will take a deposit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 55.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 122.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 27.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 73.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside