Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by metallik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

Moederator deleted it, with my permission, as being too crazy. Harsh words were too much.

1 week later
#20 11 years ago

Just fyi guys, here's the thread with all the pics of what was done on the MB I had up for sale earlier, showing the restorer's work from start to finish. Though the pf wasn't replaced, I think anyone can see this was above and beyond in terms of a restoration. http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=213097. Frankly, other than the pf not being replaced, I have difficulty believing anyone couldn't see the conscientious care put into the machine restoration, in addition to mirror blades, new plastics, polished metal in the cab, clear flipper buttons, new metal wire work, new plastics, new chrome everywhere, electrical buzzer mod, etc. I personally can't think of anything in the restoration that wasn't done, other than the pf replacement. The pics in the thread tell the story.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't even notice this thread until now. It was me who deleted the original thread. At first, I just closed it. Then docscott asked me to delete it, so I did. In retrospect, this was probably the wrong call. My reasoning at the time was that it was docscott's thread, and I was just honoring his wishes. I also felt that some people, particularly Jim, were being misrepresented and unfairly portrayed in a bad light. I apologize if I overstepped my bounds, and I will definitely think twice before deleting a thread in the future.

Actually, I got an email from you saying the thread was messed up and should probably just be deleted and I said that's fine. I don't care, because I'm selling the MB elsewhere.

#53 11 years ago

Here is the exact pm I got and my response;

Scott,

I think it's probably best to close that thread down. Squeakman took it into a bad direction, and it's a complete mess. You're probably better off just starting another one.

-Brian

???

docscott

Mon October 22nd 2012 06:05am UTC

that's fine. just delete. I listed the mb on mrpinball. Thanks.

#55 11 years ago

Okay, I published for all to see, so there was no misunderstanding anywhere. I believe our misunderstanding is semantic here, in that I thought "closing" was the same as "deleting", but now I understand your distinction. I don't really care what happened, as the thread had, as you pointed out, gone in a weird direction. At any rate, I think all have voiced their concerns, upsets, frustrations, etc.

I appreciate your effort to help and mean no disrespect but I felt that showing this conversation would show everyone the sequence.... if anyone was interested.

Things seems to be getting to be much ado about nothing.... There are certainly more captivating topics than this.

So, Brian, thanks for taking the actions you thought best as this thread unraveled.... lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-docs-fsmb-thread?tu=docscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.