(Topic ID: 324537)

#WheresTheCode / What happened to code updates at JJP?

By PanzerFreak

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 739 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Vespula
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (10) (resized).jpg
sirius-sirius-black.gif
20240408_193904 (resized).jpg
IMG_2485.gif
IMG_2476 (resized).jpeg
200w.gif
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0731 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0809 (resized).png
keefer (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 12.00.32 PM (resized).png
IMG_9694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1451 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7974878_0 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-23 121544 (resized).png
IMG_0331.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago

It would be a really good idea for them to release an update before the next title is announced to at least give people confidence that their code will be supported going forward. No matter how cool the new game may be I won't be buying unless they change things around and start offering more code support.

3 months later
#106 10 months ago

I'm 1 and done with JJP games. Even if they have Matrix and Harry Potter I won't buy because of lack of code support. I've bought 4 Sterns since my GNR and they will continue to get my business.

1 month later
#183 8 months ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

What we don't know is the effort required to "finish" anyone of these titles. I would also imagine the designers that have put half-baked code out to the public are reading threads like these and are frustrated, especially with their name associated with it. My hope is over time they do fix these because over time it will hurt JJP. Probably a lot more than the hours it would take to get the job "done". The glaring miss out there is POTC. To have that wizard mode absent seems like gross negligence to me and I can't believe they aren't going to finish it.
Hopefully over time they do the right thing. VC/PE push companies to do irrational things. I am afraid this is contributing to why JJP is not doing code updates. They have a new master now and that is sad.

At least with Pirates owners have a game that has gone up in value significantly since it came out. If you are tired of waiting for completed code you can sell the game for a tidy profit. With GNR you get stuck with incomplete code and a game that has sunk in value. I still like my GNR but the code is the weak link in an otherwise superb package. It pains me because the game is a solid code update away from being a top game for me and I know that if I were to sell it that an update would probably come out the next week and I'd regret it. It's crazy that I've owned my game for over 21 months and there still hasn't been a code update released in that time. I've sworn off owning any future JJP titles because of this lack of code support.

3 months later
#414 4 months ago

I just installed Beta 37 with no issues. It's only an 11mb file and the update took just a few minutes.

I played one 60 million game and didn't notice any changes to the core rules/gameplay.

At least they haven't completely abandoned this game but it doesn't appear that this is the update people have been waiting for.

1 month later
#607 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm really surprised there hasn't been any legal action taken against JJP specifically on Pirates given the code was never completed.

But judge, this pinball machine that I've been playing for 5 years is only worth twice what I paid for it. Please make JJP pay for damages.

#612 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was just wondering given how litigious this country is? But what does the resale value of any item have to do with the manufacturer selling an incomplete product?

The incomplete code sucks, there's no way around it. But at least in the case of JPOTC you can sell your game for a tidy profit and move on with nothing lost.

1 month later
#627 55 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

The quote is from February 22. I saw it myself.

I think it's old and was just referenced on the 22nd.

keefer (resized).pngkeefer (resized).png
2 weeks later
#659 36 days ago

Anyone know how to go from Beta 40 to Beta 41? When I go to the updates in my game all I see is an update for version 2.01 which would be a step backwards?

#662 36 days ago
Quoted from altan:

I suspect your settings got set to default and you may need to re-enable the beta option in the menus.

Quoted from Vespula:

I bet you're right...And don't forget to agree to t&c again.

Thank you both! that was it. I had to re-opt-in to the beta and now I see beta 41 available to download.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-code-updates-at-jjp?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.