Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Artimage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

why did they remove the estimated values for pins? I thought they were going to restart that feature of the website.

#2 10 years ago

I have been wondering that too.

#3 10 years ago

Top 100 is now AWOL too

#4 10 years ago

Because there are no such games anymore. We're in the midst of the gentrification of pinball to the point where it is becoming unaffordable.

#5 10 years ago

Prolly because the buck got banged. Sorry guys - it's starting to happen.

Don't worry though - there will be a plethora of games FS when MM14 hits the streets . Start saving now, there could be some firesales soon !!!

#6 10 years ago

"Bang for your buck" in pinball officially ended in 2009.

#7 10 years ago

None of the price history comes through anymore either.

#8 10 years ago

"Bang for your buck" in pinball officially ended in 2009"

Yep, right after I had just sold like 5 of my pins.......dang.

#9 10 years ago

Coming into this hobby with the market so high makes it really tough. I really do miss having the estimated value feature. It helped a lot to keep things realistic I thought.

#10 10 years ago

What the problem is lies with many of us. We overvalue our pins due to the connection we have with them and either want trades or money that is just way above crazy. This keeps many new people from experiencing and getting into it, and leaves everyone else who are pinheads turning into paranoid sketch heads that can't trust each other. Almost kept me out of getting into the hobby. Having the bang for your buck option would be very helpful and bring many pinheads back to reality.

#11 10 years ago

Probably because you can find games like EATPM here in rural Oregon for $800 & they sell for 3 times that on the other side of the US. How can you make an estimated value at that big of a swing.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

Probably because you can find games like EATPM here in rural Oregon for $800 & they sell for 3 times that on the other side of the US. How can you make an estimated value at that big of a swing.

That's my wife's favorite game but I can't afford $5k plus for it. Can you tell me how to get one at that price?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Because there are no such games anymore.

Mostly true but not entirely. Picked up my ES for 1100 from ralphwiggum who still believes in passing on deals to fellow pinheads. GREAT bang for buck. But "listing" bang for buck is difficult at best.

#14 10 years ago

Garrett, You must be thinking of Scared Stiff.
    Elvira and the Party Monsters is much older and MUCH less expensive.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

True. Can usually find EATPM for 2-3K. But as stated, not 800 around here.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moved to Pinside Website sub forum.

Good ol TigerLaw, always on the job. You coming to MGC? And back on topic, is bang for your buck going to return?

#18 10 years ago

Seriously, I miss the bang for buck section. I think it is now more important than ever to rate good value machines when A-list machines are getting so unaffordable.

#19 10 years ago

Bang for your buck is subjective. I thoroughly enjoy the early solid state era of games. They can still be picked up as projects for a couple or few hundred dollars. There's the enjoyment of repairing and bringing them into the best shape possible. After they are playable, then there's even more bang when you slide it into the gameroom and play, play, play.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

That's my wife's favorite game but I can't afford $5k plus for it. Can you tell me how to get one at that price?

Thats insane! That game gets old fast & isn't worth more than $1200. You live in a big city so it's hard to find deals. I live in a smaller city not for from a major city & deals pop up all the time. Don't know what to tell you but good luck.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

And back on topic, is bang for your buck going to return?

There has been a lot of requests for this and a lot of commentary. I will ask Robin.

Quoted from PinballKen:

Good ol TigerLaw, always on the job. You coming to MGC?

I'm going to make one show outside of Texas in 2014. I'm moving houses at the moment and will look at the show list once I am settled in and unpacked late next week. MGC is certainly on my bucket list!!!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Correct, it is SS.

#23 10 years ago

hey bkaelin, I remember the list changing quite a bit before it disappeared.

1 month later
    #24 10 years ago

So did anyone ever find out what happened to the list?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-bang-for-your-buck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.