(Topic ID: 104449)

what happened to all the tools/equipment from bally/williams?

By mrgone

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Freeplay40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

when they closed, what happened to all their manufacturing equipment? did it get sold or is it still sitting in the closed factory. the repro threads made me think of this. everyone that owns a paragon would like to see a repro playfield.

#2 5 years ago

It will take more than simply tools to remake this stuff. Or other facitities would have been making more. Money is waiting so I assume it is a matter of cost vs production run. Or licensing.

Excellent question though as I am sure they had tons of cool stuff.

#3 5 years ago

They're still very involved in the gaming industry. Perhaps they use these facilities and equipment to manufacture their slot machines and other gaming equipment?

#4 5 years ago

Didn't IPB end up with a lot of it, and now PPS?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Didn't IPB end up with a lot of it, and now PPS?

PPS did discover quite a bit of original art for the playfields. Expect they are still sorting through it, but the good news is that for what they do find the art for, playfield reproduction would be greatly simplified.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Sale Pending!
Lenexa, KS
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside