(Topic ID: 320454)

What happened to all the Private Pinball movers?

By Clnilsen

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230313_154031 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

This might be just my bad recollection, but it seems like there were a bunch of guys particularly on the east coast doing regular Pinball delivery routes a few years back. I don't buy pins very often - it's years between purchases for me - so I never paid much attention, but now that I need something shipped, either they've moved on or don't reply. Did the gas prices wipe them out, or was it just a covid thing and they've all moved on now?

STI seems to be the only real game in town. Tried Uship, but got tired of questions like "can i put this in the back of my pickup"

#2 1 year ago

Age out and retire for some. Fastenal a valid option but needs to be wrapped and on a pallet.

Would not think with all jobs avaiable and high fuel prices lots qualified individuals entering this service nitch .

Shipping horror stories abound. DIY and you know will be moved correctly.

Enjoy your day.

Shane

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

This might be just my bad recollection, but it seems like there were a bunch of guys particularly on the east coast doing regular Pinball delivery routes a few years back. I don't buy pins very often - it's years between purchases for me - so I never paid much attention, but now that I need something shipped, either they've moved on or don't reply. Did the gas prices wipe them out, or was it just a covid thing and they've all moved on now?
    STI seems to be the only real game in town. Tried Uship, but got tired of questions like "can i put this in the back of my pickup"

Bob retired.

Now there’s just Fast Eddie and Rixzilla still does routes from Florida to Massachusetts.

#4 1 year ago

Bad Backs, Old Age, Cost of Gas, and therefore usually expensive pins, where white glove, no scratch, perfect delivery is demanded.

Im aware of a couple that wont do "mint" expensive games, because any blemish from shipping produces scathing threads, and demands for "small damages"....

Just not worth the bucks for risk......and of course customers want the best, fastest, and cheapest.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Bad Backs, Old Age, Cost of Gas, and therefore usually expensive pins, where white glove, no scratch, perfect delivery is demanded.
    Im aware of a couple that wont do "mint" expensive games, because any blemish from shipping produces scathing threads, and demands for "small damages"....
    Just not worth the bucks for risk......and of course customers want the best, fastest, and cheapest.

Thanks! Probably all true, just another fun feature of pinball collecting in Florida

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bob retired.
    Now there’s just Fast Eddie and Rixzilla still does routes from Florida to Massachusetts.

Rixzilla does great work is honest and takes great care of the pins he moves.

4 months later
    #7 1 year ago

does this fast eddie guy come to chicagoland area? anyone got his contact info?

2 months later
    #8 1 year ago

Hello,
    Everyone- I don't post or advertise on pinside. I primarily use Facebook. I have been moving tons of machines over the past several years. I primarily stick to the midwest. 6hrs out and 6 hrs back. Lately, I have found myself moving collections further and further. Just came back from Colorodo, currently in Floridia. Maine will be next. My turnaround time is days! I don't have flat rates, I don't run routes. I am specifically, case by case and the best way to get a quote is to contact me directly. Phone calls are best.

Chicagopinballmovers.com

https://www.facebook.com/chicagopinballmovers?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Lee

20230313_154031 (resized).jpg20230313_154031 (resized).jpg
    #9 1 year ago

Anybody remember Oshkosh Ron? This was back in the late 80s to early 90s that I recall. He would charge you a flat $100 to ship anywhere in the lower 48. The price was cheap because you would get your game when he got around to your area, based on how many other games he had to deliver out your way. Otherwise it could be months to get your game. Then, when he delivered, you'd watch him unpack your game from the truck. You'd ask, where are the legs? And he'd point to a pile of loose legs of varying condition and say, pick four! It was only a shockaroo the first time.

Whaddya gonna do for a hundred bucks? Good times.

A lot of us used him, not sure who else was around back then. I had him ship maybe six games over the years, including from Expo, which he would attend. I later heard his truck caught fire, lot all contents, no insurance, everybody lost their games, and that was the end of Oshkosh Ron. That's what I heard. Maybe someone else here knows.

#10 1 year ago

I used Travis Duncan Capitol city movers in Texas recently to move a pin from Nevada to Virginia. I would highly recommend him. He can be reached at 512-767-0275

#11 1 year ago

I still move the odd pin around ontario canada for people but with gas prices it isn't cheap anymore

#12 1 year ago

Oshkosh Ron was a character to say the least. He had more fingers than teeth, but he always came through.

$100 to ship a game from FL to Chicago was a deal, even back in the 90’s.

#13 1 year ago

Chris at Sly Fox is still doing it for California and parts of NV and AZ. He's moved a bunch for me, both as buyer and seller, and always done a great job.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-all-the-private-pinball-movers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.