Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Had discussion with friend today and I found out some games have 3 bells and that Sing Along/Melody they are in the backbox which is one of the reasons why they sound so great.

I can't find anywhere that lists games that have 3 bells - backbox or cabinet. I know Cross Town has 3.

Anyone got more info? Especially Gottliebs with 3 bells in backbox.

#2 10 years ago

Bank A Ball, Jack of Diamonds... typically anything 1965-1969 and pins from the 50's I was surprised when I found out Slick Chick and some other early 60's pins did not have that big 100 point loud bell.

#3 10 years ago

My Ice revue has 3 bells , all in the back box. one each for the ones, the 10 's and the big cow bell for the 100's

Brian

#4 10 years ago

1957 Majestic, the 1 and 10 points are in the back box and the 100's is in the cabinet.

#5 10 years ago

Queen of Hearts and Dragonette have bells for 10,000, 100,000, and an extra large bell for points. Probably other woodrails from the early to mid 50's have these also.
Harry Irvin

#6 10 years ago

my nibs has two in the cabinet and one in the back box
100 and 10's in cab
and 1's in back box

#7 10 years ago

My 1971 Roller Coaster has 3 chimes (bar shaped not circular bells) in the main cabinet. For 1's, 10's, and 100's. makes for a really nice sounding pin compared to my 1966 Williams with only one big bell.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from jkalgren:

1966 Williams with only one big bell.

I believe a Williams Hotline should have a 3" Bell in the Head and a 5" Bell in the Cabinet.

Ken

#9 10 years ago

I just got my Royal Guard playing. 3 bells. Sounds like your quintessential classic pinball. I'm finding it to be more fun than I expected.

#10 10 years ago

Many add a ball Gottliebs before the chime unit era have three plunger rung bells. The replay games have a one point bell which is rung by a mechanical clapper on the 0-9 unit. One such pair which I own both games is "Domino" and "Play Mates". In fact, I believe they are the last Gottlieb wedgeheads to have bells instead of chimes, and also the last to have the "playfield auto clamp".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-gottlieb-games-have-3-bells and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.