(Topic ID: 243697)

What got you into pinball

By zr11990

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picard (resized).jpg
    9449EACA-2ABD-4070-A21E-84A94C570D3C (resized).jpeg
    09C042AD-BC99-46DB-B326-63EBDBE836CC (resized).jpeg
    15254AD1-C365-4BF8-B371-38025D8A4F40 (resized).jpeg
    2510A4F4-5EC7-40CE-9474-0429A8D08A48 (resized).jpeg
    1976E07E-FBA4-4C59-B7DF-FC04C50ABFED (resized).png
    F6FF9B2C-5A1B-464E-BE46-23645097B801 (resized).jpeg
    Tilt.jpg
    93F14E5A-0C6F-4A82-B04A-89F138BB091D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I loved arcades growing up in the 90s. And I always was fascinated by the art and the mechs and lights of pinball games, but I never could put money into the machines as I stunk at it, and at the time and age I got more bang for the buck playing the arcade games I was good at. My father though loves pinball. And from time to time he would plunk like 2-3 dollars into a game and my brothers and him would go head to head.
    Fast forward 20 years. My side business is finally doing good business, I have a house and a stable job. My father had a really bad health scare where he required brain surgery. And then more surgeries over the next few years.
    I decided it would be best to go the virtual pin route. And then a friend of mine suggested Chicago St. Pinball(A joliet area pinball arcade) where I could play real pinballs as he knew I was building a virtual one... Well, I fell in love with the real deal, and I put the virtual project on the backburner(6 real pins later it is still on backburner). Once a month I take my father to play pinball. We go to various places and even the expos.
    So... Long story short. I got into it as a way to bond with my father, and also I can tell you, its helped with his response time and coordination. And that is what has hooked me.
    I keep going back, because lets be honest... Even a collector who has 100 machines, still will want 100 more... So many amazing pinballs out there to play and own. And if you don't like collecting... Well, no matter how good your game was... It can always be better. So from that aspect its very addicting. And its also easy to track your growth and progress...
    Its just plan fun... Love it... And I'm grateful for the memories with my father and my other family that the hobby has bestowed upon me... Each pin I've purchased and moved in, has a story to it... Except Iron Maiden... But, the rest have been eventful to get into my house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-got-you-into-pinball?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.