(Topic ID: 266693)

What goes the way of the dinosaurs when things are normal once again?

By Photopin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

Admittedly, it will be a long, long, looonnnng time until things are back to what anyone could consider normal once again. But when things do work there way back, what do you think will have gone the way of the dinosaurs into extinction?
My first guess would be buffet or self-serve restaurants. Also, no more salad bars.
What else?
Handshakes?

#2 4 years ago

With any luck the Kardashians

#3 4 years ago

Hopefully no sports will survive

Yeah Im one of those few that really don't like sports being all over tv, radio, newspapers and such. Give those ridicolous cash to people doing real work instead of those running after a silly ball or similar *ends boring rant*

A more realistic thing is hopefully there will be much less unnecessary travel, because environment n stuff.

#4 4 years ago

Samples at grocery stores you help yourself to. Self serve food/portions to box up yourself at grocery stores. Free popcorn and coffee at the hardware you help yourself too.

My charming personality.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

My airline job

#6 4 years ago

Cruise lines, handshakes, most business travel,, community popcorn and peanuts.

#7 4 years ago

Privacy

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Hopefully no sports will survive
Yeah Im one of those few that really don't like sports being all over tv, radio, newspapers and such. Give those ridicolous cash to people doing real work instead of those running after a silly ball or similar *ends boring rant*
A more realistic thing is hopefully there will be much less unnecessary travel, because environment n stuff.

I'll go ahead and disagree about sports, but only in the sense I like to watch an occasional event - mostly motorcycle racing.

I agree the entire business is highly overpaid. Part of that ties in to the business travel part. We've all known for years that business trips are primarily to play golf and comp "clients" good seats at games. We, the consumer, get to pay for that. I see lots of this travel no longer happening. As a result, I hope the sports industry comes back towards the mean.

I'm more worried about high school sports. The thought of kids without dreams and aspirations paints a dark picture for me. That time gets filled with something, but probably not what we're going to like or understand.

#10 4 years ago

Buffets.

#11 4 years ago

Second thought we tend to forget very fast - if theses businesses can make it without going bankrupt they will ALL be back!!

#12 4 years ago

My prayer is that commuting is reduced for a large number of people who can do their jobs remotely. I’ve been remote for 4 years and it has changed my life. Saved us money in driving, in health since I’m not sitting in traffic, and in time with my family. I hope others who are newly working from home get that opportunity after this crisis is over. I know a lot of jobs can’t be done remotely but for the ones who can, why not?

#13 4 years ago

After a vaccine is produced, things will go back to normal.
Could be some time before that is available to the general public though...
The common cold, normal flu, pneumonia all still exist and probably always will.

#14 4 years ago

Anything made in China - hard to do I know, but I hope we all have new perspective on made in North America, or someplace other than China - we need to hold them accountable and the best way is to get rid of our Walmart mentality that cheap is best and make them suffer just like we have

#15 4 years ago

The body and blood of Christ.....Receiving Communion in the Catholic religion..

#16 4 years ago

I think Chinese goods sold internationally will slow and there will be an exodus of companies leaving China. Globally people will look for alternatives to the Made in China junk.

#17 4 years ago

Anti-Vaxers

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Anti-Vaxers

I wish this was the case, but trust me once a vaccine is available and made mandatory the crazies will come out and try to avoid the vaccine.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I wish this was the case, but trust me once a vaccine is available and made mandatory the crazies will come out and try to avoid the vaccine.

Of course, they're already out there saying this is largely a hoax

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

And sadly that is why they will be “going away”

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

There is already a vaccine, they are just trying to figure out how to make it give you autism before they release it to the public.

#22 4 years ago

There will be something new next year. Don't worry they always find something to scare us with.

#23 4 years ago

If people are going to avoid Buffets, Those same people are going to avoid coin operated machines in public.

#24 4 years ago

I started working out at the gym in February. At this time I'm not sure if i'll be going back.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My charming personality.

Will you be changing the sign outside to 'Welcome to Grumpy SS Billiards'?

#26 4 years ago

I Think Bat Soup will see a precipitous decline in popularity.

#27 4 years ago

I know, I am wrong for saying this, but if I have one more video conference......

Give me a good old fashion face to face meeting any day over a video conference.

#28 4 years ago

Business Conferences/ Trade Shows. Hobby Trade Shows, County Fairs, any other large events, will be effected for at least another year. Locally, any Buffet restaurant will have problems. Possibly even Cafeterias at work, or school.

Large arena sports events, concerts and the like, will be changed some how. Things will be different.

#29 4 years ago

The cruise line industry.
Cruise ships will be a dime a dozen.
At least now the sheep will travel in style on their travels to the middle east for the live sheep trade out of Australia.

#30 4 years ago

Hopefully Wal mart

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Anything made in China - hard to do I know, but I hope we all have new perspective on made in North America, or someplace other than China - we need to hold them accountable and the best way is to get rid of our Walmart mentality that cheap is best and make them suffer just like we have

I would be happier than a pig in shit if this happens.

#32 4 years ago

The United States of America

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-goes-the-way-of-the-dinosaurs-when-things-are-normal-once-again?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.